6.0 cranks but wont start

04stroked

Reaction score
so originally i noticed that there was no longer any noise from my airdog and fuel pressure read zero so i just replaced the airdog and still hear no pump noise and my truck will not start. just wondering if maybe airdog sent me another bad pump or if something else is wrong. any help would be much appreciated thanks!!!

Snoop

Reaction score
I replaced ALL of the original air dog wiring on my air dog setup because the fuse holder burned up and so did the relay because they use too small of gauge wiring for what the air dog needs. Check your fuse and relay Very Closely. Double check grounds also.

04stroked

Reaction score
yeah i did and the airdog is running now but it seems like its not getting any fuel from the tank (tank is 1/2 full)

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Pull the upper filter cap and have a buddy cycle the key quickly to see if you are getting fuel.

Snoop

Reaction score
You might have lost prime. Take off your pre filter (water separator) and fill it all the way up with diesel fuel. Screw it back up and turn the pump on. You should start to read pressure.

04stroked

Reaction score
Ok I'll make sure it is completely full should I go ahead and fill the filter as well?

Snoop

Reaction score
No you shouldn't have to. But if after you fill your pre filter and turn the pump on and still no pressure, you have to crack the main filter slightly until fuel comes spitting out then close it right away while the pump is on. Just make sure you ARE NOT getting any fuel before you crack the main filter because if you crack it under pressure, you can mess up that filter o ring easily.

Latest posts

Members online