6.0 Dash Cluster In A 7.3?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Good god....I am curious if you are even serious or just wasting time to see if anybody has knowledge of the crap you come up with.

My first ? is have you ever replaced cabs, repaired wiring, etc.. etc... to even be asking about the swap. The info Kyle provided is what you would need to use an 03-04 6.0 cluster with a 02-03 7.3 PCM.

If you want the "newer" style cluster you need an ENTIRE 02-03 7.3 wiring harness. Not just dash. EVERY bit of wiring in the 02 up trucks changed. Harness behind the dash, firewall, engine harness, cab harness...etc...Also they are completely different harness's between auto and manual.

You technically probably could interface the 99 harness with the 02-04 CAN system if you had every schematic, pinout, and 100ssss of hours to make them work together.

IMO, if you are serious do an 05 dash and 02-03 7.3 donor truck for the wiring you need and have fun.

If I have time tmrw I will post some pics of the fun you would be in for. Ohh.. and if its a 99-01 truck you need to piece in a part of the 02 firewall to really make it "right".

Hi co04cobra I'm sorry if I'm pissing everyone off. I'm just compiling the most info I can to do the swap. So I got a complete 03 6.0 and I thought ill be cool to have the newer 03 6.0 dash cluster in my 99 7.3. I got all the parts required So.... I'm again sorry if you guys think im trying to piss you guys off. I am trying compile all info I can is all.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Hi co04cobra I'm sorry if I'm pissing everyone off. I'm just compiling the most info I can to do the swap. So I got a complete 03 6.0 and I thought ill be cool to have the newer 03 6.0 dash cluster in my 99 7.3. I got all the parts required So.... I'm again sorry if you guys think im trying to piss you guys off. I am trying compile all info I can is all.

No Im not pissed about anything. But the best answer to your ? is if you want the digital cluster a 02-03 7.3 donor truck is your best bet.

Without an extreme amount of time and previous knowledge of the wiring systems on SD trucks the 03 truck won't do you a lot of good. Clusters are also different in X.L trucks. X.Ls use a full HEC while x.l.ts-lariats integrate a VSM into the system.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
No Im pissed about anything. But the best answer to your ? is if you want the digital cluster a 02-03 7.3 donor truck is your best bet.

Without an extreme amount of time and previous knowledge of the wiring systems on SD trucks the 03 truck won't do you a lot of good. Clusters are also different in X.L trucks. X.Ls use a full HEC while x.l.ts-lariats integrate a VSM into the system.

Thanks for that info It sounded like your were pissed a me LOL. Ill keep you guys updated on my new findings.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Eager to hear how it turns out. I could give two sh$ts less about the cluster but the whole dash assembly is what I like from the 08's+

MA-n-GA

Reaction score
I know how you feel about the gauge cluster looking, with the 2 smaller ones on outside of tach and speedo.

Why not just a 7.3 cluster like that style. My truck is an 02 and my cluster is styled liek the one you want, Speedo-Tach in center, and 4 smaller ones on outside..

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I know how you feel about the gauge cluster looking, with the 2 smaller ones on outside of tach and speedo.

Why not just a 7.3 cluster like that style. My truck is an 02 and my cluster is styled liek the one you want, Speedo-Tach in center, and 4 smaller ones on outside..

You can not place a 02 and newer cluster in a truck that is 2001 MY and older. The new 7.3 02+ have CAN communications. While the 2001 and older do not so it's possible but it would be a heck of a lot of wiring/electrical to do the swap. You would need a 02+ donor with all the need harnesses etc. It would be cool but just a whole lot of work.

A/Ox4

Reaction score
Let me throw a wrench in it. If you can get the 6.0 cluster to work, get one from an 08-10 E-Series. They got the updated interior, and a newer gauge cluster to match, but still had the 6.0. The gauge cluster is in the style of a 6.4 cluster, but dumbed down. I like this cluster a lot more, and if you have the balls to do a dash swap it looks sweet.

a8yqu9ab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dgreen78

Reaction score
Yes okay I know there is a lot of threads out there of stick 6.0 dash clusters in 7.3

Any links to this? I tried searching and came up with nothing. Trying to put in a 6.0 cluster in my 02’ 7.3 but the trans temp and coolant gauge are not working. Hopefully just a matter of moving some wires around? Any help?

Latest posts

Members online