6.0 Dyno results

swinky

Reaction score
Get rid of the ficm tuner and get a full fuel srlx tune. Return to the dyno and see what happens. You may be surprised.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
What clutch do you have in your truck?

I'm running the Southbend SDD3250-6.0 Dual Disc Clutch. I've also got the Mid-West Transmission short throw shift kit; which is definitely worth the $150 if you don't already have it. Reduces travel distance between shifts by about 40%

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Yes my truck has 161000 miles and has original fuel pump, 4 original injectors and a turbo that stuck wide open once for me a couple months ago. Needless to say I will be taking a closer look at the all these things as they could be hurting my performance.

One of those might be your issue, especially the turbo sticking wide open once before. If you've got stock injectors, it shouldn't have been a smokey run, how'd it do on the dyno? Was it smokey or relatively clean?

Get rid of the ficm tuner and get a full fuel srlx tune. Return to the dyno and see what happens. You may be surprised.

He's running the SRL Extreme tune, but I'm curious as to what changing the FICM tune will do. The way Jay @ PHP explained it to me once, and this was years ago, was that the FICM tune is the FINAL "authority" for how much fuel the injectors will deliver. So, if OP has a full fuel ECM tune (which he does) but is running a restrictive/conservative FICM tune (which he is, IMO) then the injectors will only flow what the FICM tune allows it to. Removing the Atlas 40 FICM tune, and going with stock FICM tuning, would benefit (I think) OP's numbers - simply because he's removing the restrictive FICM tune. If he had the Hercules 100 FICM tune, or even the Atlas 80, I'd bet his numbers would definitely go up.

I understand where Matt's coming from. Just trying to piece together everything I've heard and seen. I've seen trucks with stock injectors benefit greatly from FICM tunes, and on the same day - I've seen trucks with bigger injectors dyno less after putting a FICM tune on it. But now, PHP offers custom FICM tuning for your specific injectors, and I can personally say that it makes a huge difference. I was running the "generic" Hercules 100 FICM tune when I got my 190/75s and custom ECM tune. It was super smokey and very hot - then I got with Jay, and he tweaked my Hercules 100 to fit my injectors; truck ran amazing after that.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
was this a load cell dyno? you said you had to drag the brakes which makes me think that it wasn't a load cell dyno. that can make a huge difference as well

manual6.0

Reaction score
One of those might be your issue, especially the turbo sticking wide open once before. If you've got stock injectors, it shouldn't have been a smokey run, how'd it do on the dyno? Was it smokey or relatively clean?

He's running the SRL Extreme tune, but I'm curious as to what changing the FICM tune will do. The way Jay @ PHP explained it to me once, and this was years ago, was that the FICM tune is the FINAL "authority" for how much fuel the injectors will deliver. So, if OP has a full fuel ECM tune (which he does) but is running a restrictive/conservative FICM tune (which he is, IMO) then the injectors will only flow what the FICM tune allows it to. Removing the Atlas 40 FICM tune, and going with stock FICM tuning, would benefit (I think) OP's numbers - simply because he's removing the restrictive FICM tune. If he had the Hercules 100 FICM tune, or even the Atlas 80, I'd bet his numbers would definitely go up.

I understand where Matt's coming from. Just trying to piece together everything I've heard and seen. I've seen trucks with stock injectors benefit greatly from FICM tunes, and on the same day - I've seen trucks with bigger injectors dyno less after putting a FICM tune on it. But now, PHP offers custom FICM tuning for your specific injectors, and I can personally say that it makes a huge difference. I was running the "generic" Hercules 100 FICM tune when I got my 190/75s and custom ECM tune. It was super smokey and very hot - then I got with Jay, and he tweaked my Hercules 100 to fit my injectors; truck ran amazing after that.

That's a lot of good info. Thanks. Yeah I'd be curious if my numbers would be better.

Short shift kit sounds like a good idea.

Truck runs nice and clean no issues. Cleans right up once the turbo lights. As far as the load cell Dyno goes, not quite sure. I know he used the dyno drum brakes but that wasn't working so well as it bogged my truck down to the point of stalling it out.

TheViking

Reaction score
I'm curious to how those numbers might improve with a few changes and a reduced tire size.

Latest posts

Members online