6.0 ect problems need help please!!!

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
I came over a free edge juice with attitude for free that was my buddy's (I know they are bad on 6.0) I haven't gotten around to buying a sct yet, but I plugged the edge in and it ran fine for about two weeks then all of a sudden one day driving out the highway my ect went from 186 spiked to 220 then as fast as it spiked it went to 56 the gauge on the dash dropped down and said check gauge. So I stopped unplugged the edge and all way good again. Well last night I tried the edge again and the same thing happened but even though the gauge is going crazy the truck isn't running hot and no different in performance.

This has been bugging me and I can't really decide where to start.

Also too add after I removed the edge it does it but not very often with the edge it does it about every day or two.

Derkperk

Reaction score
Not sure if the edge has anything to do with it but it sound like a sensor if the problem occurs with or without the juice.
If you know the edge is bad for the truck, why are you using it? Too broke for an sct but you'll f your truck up with a free tuner? Sounds smart to me...:morons:

Irontx

Reaction score
Not sure if the edge has anything to do with it but it sound like a sensor if the problem occurs with or without the juice.
If you know the edge is bad for the truck, why are you using it? Too broke for an sct but you'll f your truck up with a free tuner? Sounds smart to me...:morons:

Well said!!!!

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
The reason I'm still using the edge is if I put a sct on it before it's studded I'm 100% sure I won't be able to resist the temptations of xtreme x and then I'll be buying more then I already am.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Edge units are a danger to transmissions. Buy an SCT with preloaded tunes and only run them until you stud the truck, the preloaded SCT tunes are more friendly to headbolts. Then when you get studded, buy some hot custom tunes and have fun. There are many custom tuners who have headbolt friendly tunes also if you feel the need to go custom.

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
That's what I'm going to do, before I went and started replacing sensors I was curious so I plugged in the edge and waited for the problem to occur then I wiggled the wiring harness for the edge and it came back so it has a wiring problem somewhere in the edge harness. I have a livewire on the way😎. Thanks for the help

Nic

Reaction score
If you own a 6.0 and want to tune it, you need to do all the necessary work anyway. There's no way around it.

swinky

Reaction score
people can bash all they want but my dad's truck ran a superchips flashpaq for 40k miles on the hottest setting without studs. Shifted great, got great mileage and never blew gaskets.

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
If you own a 6.0 and want to tune it, you need to do all the necessary work anyway. There's no way around it.

I know, I already have studs and gaskets and exhaust and now a sct, I made a post about two weeks ago trying to get suggestions on set ups but sadly no one bothered to help. I think I'm going with 205/100 with a barder stage 3 and all the supporting mods. I'm just afraid on drive ability as it's my dd along with my tow rig and I sled pull in 2.5-2.6 diesel so I'm just trying to push the limits of maximum power but still be useful

Strokin89

Reaction score
Or get non-studded tunes and don't drive like a jackas

^^^ what he said. I know when I got my tune it asked if I had studs and egr delete and if I didn't the tune would have been written differently

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Nic

Reaction score
I know, I already have studs and gaskets and exhaust and now a sct, I made a post about two weeks ago trying to get suggestions on set ups but sadly no one bothered to help. I think I'm going with 205/100 with a barder stage 3 and all the supporting mods. I'm just afraid on drive ability as it's my dd along with my tow rig and I sled pull in 2.5-2.6 diesel so I'm just trying to push the limits of maximum power but still be useful

Why so big on a DD? Why not just a bigger turbo and good tuning, ficm tune, RR return, bigger lift pump, and a converter...thats pretty heavy for a DD. You trying to keep up with 6.4s on the street or what LOL.

Cab stayed on

Reaction score
Why so big on a DD? Why not just a bigger turbo and good tuning, ficm tune, RR return, bigger lift pump, and a converter...thats pretty heavy for a DD. You trying to keep up with 6.4s on the street or what LOL.

It has to be my daily driver the only vehicle I have as of now. Plus I like the idea of driving it to the pulls and whooping on some hot trucks then drive it to work the next day.

Latest posts

Members online