6.0 Engine Build - 750+ Hp

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Going to try and revive this thread. Can anyone add some input on stage 2 vs stage 3 cam? This won't be a daily but I would like to be able to tow with it if I have to. I'll be doing compounds with my s364.5sxe and possibly an s475? Most likely will be running warrens 330/150s. And is anyone running Callies rods? I'm hoping they might be a cheaper alternative to wagler or hypermax since I won't necessarily be going over 1000hp.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I’m running Callie’s rods in mine now. We’ve pushed the Callie’s rods in our race truck to 1500+ with no issues. The Callie’s rods are a great alternative. From what I understand the only reason they’re cheaper is they aren’t final machines to look pretty, which may give them some slightly weaker spots, but overall doesn’t hurt, just a little lower max hp rating.

Don’t know if I can help too much on the cam, either one plan on valve reliefs in the pistons, I’m running a kdd stage 2, and it towed really well, although so far the one time I’ve towed with it, it wasn’t a tough tow by any means, fairly flat, but pretty heavy. I would say based on all the engine builders recommendations, if you ever plan on towing, just go with a stage 2.

No one has really done back to back cam testing with no other changes, as cams are such a mfer to change just for science so we don’t really have an actual cam a does this at this, cam b does this, and cam c this. There is theoretical based on the lift/head flow/ duration numbers, but as everyone knows numbers and real world are 2 completely different things.

I would recommend kill devil for your parts, and give ‘em a holler for recommendations on cam size and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online