6.0 exhaust manifolds?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
So now Im curious, what is the difference between the 6.0 and 6.4 manifolds? Why are the 6.0 ones better or being swapped in?

In one word...Flow! 6.0's flow way more air than do the 6.4 manifolds. I know there are comparison photos around. 6.4's are a bad, choked off design.

Here is my setup.

64066[/ATTACH]"]
downsized_0418111857.jpg

64068[/ATTACH]"]
downsized_0419111410.jpg

Attachments

• downsized_0418111857.jpg
    downsized_0418111857.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 29
  • downsized_0419111410.jpg
    downsized_0419111410.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 30

powr2stroke

Reaction score
So now Im curious, what is the difference between the 6.0 and 6.4 manifolds? Why are the 6.0 ones better or being swapped in?

Like Erik said !!
The 6.4 manifolds do not turn up where the up-pipes connect like 6.0 manifolds do . What has happened is the up-pipes will blow out in the elbow . The solution was just change to 6.0 's since they hold the heat better .

Here's a pic of stock 6.4 manifolds for comparison

IMG956810.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG951469.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That's kinda what I thought. This place is NEVER going to grow an info database if people aren't ready to answer all the same q's that were answered on the Nation. If your answer is "go read the thread on PSN". Then what the hell was the point of PSA in the first place?

Oh, and it looks like SMUT has another super fan! Love it!

:thumbsup:

I agree with this 100 percent

Thanks to thoughs of you who took the time to answer the question.

I run 6.0 manifolds on mine too for the reasons stated above

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Like Mike said earlier getting a cast elbow instead of the pipe being the elbow on the outlet of the manifold makes them.way less prone to blowing out with high heat and high back.pressure.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Here is a pic of a 6.4 manifold. These are ported also.

64074[/ATTACH]"]http://
IMG_0078.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 32

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Like Mike said earlier getting a cast elbow instead of the pipe being the elbow on the outlet of the manifold makes them.way less prone to blowing out with high heat and high back.pressure.

How bout you change the title to something better suited and make it better searchable? <--Is that a word?

BFT

Reaction score
That's kinda what I thought. This place is NEVER going to grow an info database if people aren't ready to answer all the same q's that were answered on the Nation. If your answer is "go read the thread on PSN". Then what the hell was the point of PSA in the first place?

Oh, and it looks like SMUT has another super fan! Love it!

:thumbsup:

First off... 6.0 manifolds have been brought up plenty of times on here for he 6.4, I can find them if you like. PSA is just starting out and we are very fortunate to have some of the minds that helped/built PSN.

Here is a pic of 6.0 manifolds on a 6.4 you will have to change 3 or 4 nuts on the driver side because ofthe brackets that held the EGR cooler

towzillabuild017.jpg

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
First off... 6.0 manifolds have been brought up plenty of times on here for he 6.4, I can find them if you like. PSA is just starting out and we are very fortunate to have some of the minds that helped/built PSN.

Here is a pic of 6.0 manifolds on a 6.4 you will have to change 3 or 4 nuts on the driver side because ofthe brackets that held the EGR cooler

towzillabuild017.jpg

looks familiar. ;)

KPSquared

Reaction score
First off... 6.0 manifolds have been brought up plenty of times on here for he 6.4, I can find them if you like.

That would be great. I did some searching and couldn't come up with anything. Although this thread has been good so far. I'm doing this for a friend who's a little...umm...retarded with a computer. If you could throw me a few links on here, that would be swell. :thumbsup:

White_monster

Reaction score
What info do you want? I haven't seen any flow numbers showing the differences yet. The reasons for the swap is the elbow where the up pipe turns up becomes cast with the 6.0 manifolds. The new up pipes have heavier duty bellows, a little more flex too. The 6.0 manifolds have a more open design as well. Hope this helps.

BFT

Reaction score
:whs:

I would only get the threads they were mentioned on. Like dzchey said, high heat and pressure have taken out factory up-pipes being that it's a straight shot to the elbow. The 6.4 manifold has some weird casting due to making room for the brackets that hold the horizontal EGR coolers.

Like white monster said as well, The 6.0 manifold shows a more straight through design with the turn up to the up-pipe being cast (which I'm sure you know can handle a lot more heat then thicker metal, even with the nitrous). They are very tight with the A/C lines but some high heat sleeves and some maneuvering should clear pretty good.

Latest posts

Members online