6.0 factory lift pump qustion

nasty6.6

Reaction score
Ok I got a lift pump off of a 6.0( the one on the drivers side frame rail with the filter housing built into it) and planned on using it as a transfer pump from auxilary tank to my regular fuel tank instead of the cheap oriellys pump. But I need some help on the pump. Thanks in advance for the help.

Which lines are the return on the pump?

What connector powers the pump? There are 3 connectors on the lift/fuel pump can someone let me know what they are all for?

Thanks

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
The PUMP connector is the one on the front, on the round part of the case. The round part would face the front of the truck. The plug kind of points at the ground. There's three screws in this cover, that's how you'll know you have the right one. It's on the opposite end of the filter cap.

The one nearest the water drain is the WIF sensor, and the other plug will be a heater which is no longer used, as a matter of fact the replacement HFCM housing doesn't even have provisions for it, and comes with a new jumper harness to reflect it.

The return line(s) are the smaller of the two.

You'll need to cap them both. Or loop them to each other.

Also bear in mind you are going to need to buy a filter for this HFCM and change it from time to time as well.

Jwarren

Reaction score
Use only the OEM filters. Nothing but motorcraft. Aftermarket filters are not the same.

Latest posts

Members online