6.0 fuel pressure gauge

Brad

Reaction score
Ok, so im in the process of installing a pillar gauge fuel pump and reg return on my truck here shortly. now ive read a few other threads and saw that people hook the fuel pressure gague into the fuel bowl?
is that the best place for it? becuase the reg return will keep pressure to 65psi so then i guess the bowl is the best spot for reading pressure loss? also i was planning on getting the driven diesel reg return, but they also offer one with a fuel bowl ******, where would one plumb the gauge into then?

kwelch08

Reaction score
I asked that question with the fuel bowl ****** and they told me there is a place for it in the reg return, so I'm guessing you take the pressure gauge off the red return and hook your sensor up in its place.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Brad

Reaction score
thanks that makes much more since because there should be 65psi at the fuel bowl no matter what because its before the injectors, while after the head it would be low and starve injector 7 and 8. i also have 1 more question. ill be installing a 60 psi boost gauge too because doesn't the stock one max out at like 28 psi? well where would i plumb that into?

Merc82

Reaction score
Yah, plumbed my f/p gauge in at the regulator, as for the the boost gauge, I spliced into the MAP hose.

Brad

Reaction score
ok so will the factory boost gauge on the dash still work like that? just dont want a dead gauge is all

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes it will. When you plumb the mechanical gauge in you will cut the hose and install a tee with the provision for the line to the gauge. It will have no effect on the factory gauge at all.

kwelch08

Reaction score
You can either do that or plumb into the intake elbow. Either by drill and tap or if it already has the 1/8" npt provision you can put a sensor there

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Brad

Reaction score
Mines in the intake elbow also drilled and tapped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

will the boost pressure be the same in the intake elbow as it is in the manifold like the stock one?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It should be, at least extremely close, like within .25 psi pr so, a negligible difference.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Ok, so im in the process of installing a pillar gauge fuel pump and reg return on my truck here shortly. now ive read a few other threads and saw that people hook the fuel pressure gague into the fuel bowl?
is that the best place for it? becuase the reg return will keep pressure to 65psi so then i guess the bowl is the best spot for reading pressure loss? also i was planning on getting the driven diesel reg return, but they also offer one with a fuel bowl ******, where would one plumb the gauge into then?

I have my fuel lines tied into the front of each head.
The fuel flows through the heads, and out the back of them.
The lines from the back of the head go to the inlet sides of the regulator, and the return like e from the reg go to a fuel cooler, a check valve, and then back to the tank.
Fuel pressure is read at the regulator itself.
The regulator is used as a back pressure controller, and is set to hold the entire fuel route at 65 psi.
No issues at all...ever.

Latest posts

Members online