6.0 Injector Part

White Stallion

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get the metal ring that guides the high pressure oil rail into the injector it also protects the oring under it. It's hard to explain so I took a picture and drew an arrow. I'm sure I can buy a core injector but I'm trying to avoid that. Got a set of used injectors and as the picture shows its cracked and chewed up. You could tell there was a problem as the oring on the injector body was damaged. Thanks for the help.
a7e7489ad6e3456756135d86907dee0a.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Core injector is probably about it. Unless someone here will tear apart a core they have.

White Stallion

Reaction score
I couldn't get the snap ring out of this injector so I very carefully replaced the high pressure oring underneath. When I removed the oring for replacement the part in the picture didn't move up and down while putting in the new oring in as it should. In fact it wouldn't move without some force. Will this cause any issues with sealing the oil rail to the injector? The new oring is in and in position as it should be. I have a stock working injector as a spare but am unsure if I can just replace the whole top of the injector as these are 190cc. I'm not sure if any modifications are done to the solenoid and/or spool valve. Can it be visually inspected to see if any modifications were done to the 190cc top?

04stroker

Reaction score
You will want to replace that washer/ring. If you put it in the truck as is it wont be long before that ring breaks totally, then it will blow the new top O ring and cause a HPO leak with a no start or no hot start.

White Stallion

Reaction score
Any idea if I can just swap the whole top of the injector with one from a stock injector. Are there any modifications done to the solenoid and spool valve on a 190cc?

White Stallion

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the damaged part. That snap ring is a b**** to get out. I watched a few videos and still couldn't do it.

strokin6L

Reaction score
After looking at your photo again with the arrow...I thought it was pointing at the snap ring. But I guess not.

equalizier

Reaction score
you can drive a small flat head in behind the clip and it will pop right out.but put your hand over it so it don't go flying.also if you use that ring and it goes it could take out a hpop or ipr right now you have a chance to save what you got.the modification is done below the spool valve to create a bigger injector.if they have used a shim to add in more fuel you will want to use that also when you switch heads.

equalizier

Reaction score
also be sure to add a little dab of loc tite on the little nut in the injector head.it is piece of mind knowing it won't come loose which they are notoriously known to do.

Latest posts

Members online