6.0 injectors issues

ken6881

Reaction score
I have a 6.0 in the shop that appears to have had every injector go down at once.

Ohm tested one injector and it shows 0 on the ohm tester like a straight short on both coils.
Ficm tests out perfect
Icp is good,
Sync is good
Buzz test refuses to do anything
Throws code on every cylinder for injector circuit low

Any idea as to why every injector went down at one time. For what it's worth the truck blew the egg cooler when it was shut down last time it was driven. Once it was shut off it never fired again.

04stroker

Reaction score
I just went a ohmed a good one real quick for you to be sure but they are usually around .5 ohms that is subtracting the ohms in my leads. Make sure you are ohming the correct 2 pins together. For instance you will no get a reading if you try and ohm white and red wires obviously. You have to ohm red/blue and white/black.

ken6881

Reaction score
I will check again in a couple hours when I get back to the shop. Thanks for checking a good one for me.

I pulled a known good ficm out of a truck same year and it acted the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
They are usually good down to .3 ohms, have seen new injectors as high as .7

ken6881

Reaction score
Any thoughts to what it might be? Wiring harness showed .2

04stroker

Reaction score
That is really strange. I heard of that one other time, the guy sent me all his injectors I tested them on my bench and they all tested and buzzed fine sent them back to him to reinstall. He put them back in and they all fired except for one I think so he then just got a Ford injector and put in and it was fine. Still unsure why none ever buzzed at all. He tried FICM, harness and all. They worked fine for me sent them back then they worked fine for him. So we never really did find what the root cause was but it is very weird.

ken6881

Reaction score
Yeah I'm studding and ******** the truck going to send the ficm off and see what they say. Going to be a bad day if I put it back together and nothing still. I am hoping it's something stupid but I don't know what it could be. And it's tore down and I have not found anything.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.