6.0 ltr manifolds & AC line

TD-5

Reaction score
In the process of putting the 6.0 ltr manifolds on the engine & the low pressure AC line clearance on the RH manifold isn't worth crap. A little massaging & tweaking of the line got it so it will clear, but its just not a great fit. Anyone using a different line, or making one?. Or is bend and tweak the norm? I'm going to wrap the section of hard line with heat wrap & then slide the factory shielding back down so it will probably be fine, I just don't like the overall fit between the two.

Attachments

• ac1.JPG
    ac1.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 139
  • ac2.JPG
    ac2.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 142
  • ac3.JPG
    ac3.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 149
  • ac4.JPG
    ac4.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
That's probably more room than what mine have. It's a normal thing when putting those manifolds on though.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Bending the lines out of the way is the norm for those on the 6.4's I wouldn't worry about it as mine is closer than yours and I have no issues what so ever.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Mines close too but I just put the original heat shield in between the manifold and the line. I haven't had any issues with it yet.

GSchretter

Reaction score
I try to warn everybody about the 6.0 manifolds for the 6.4 bt whatever.

Look into HeatShield products and use the 1/2" stuff and it will work great.

Pm me and we can talk.

I use it from turbos down past the DPF delete pipe to keep heat where it needs to be and heat away from things that don't need heat.

I crack up at the 6.4 guys saying they don't need HeatShield due to cost with the 6.0 manifolds and then 6 months later they are all upset because their a/c lines are all burnt up.

Most up north don't have a/c nor care about but everybody jumps on those 6.0 because of the better flow than the RCD 6.4.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
My RCD 6.0 style stainless logs were like that to. Bent the AC line and move on to other problems.

webb06

Reaction score

Pm me and we can talk.

I use it from turbos down past the DPF delete pipe to keep heat where it needs to be and heat away from things that don't need heat.

I crack up at the 6.4 guys saying they don't need HeatShield due to cost with the 6.0 manifolds and then 6 months later they are all upset because their a/c lines are all burnt up.

Most up north don't have a/c nor care about but everybody jumps on those 6.0 because of the better flow than the RCD 6.4.

I've never ever heard of there being problems. Anyone with any common sense will just bend the AC line so it isn't touching the manifold and its fine.

If the factory 6.4 exhaust system reaches 1500 degree underneath the cab and doesnt have a heatshield I'm pretty sure that heat shield isn't needed on an aftermarket delete system that reaches nowhere near those temps. But hey it's your money

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Pm me and we can talk.

Where's your data come from that they flow more? I would LOVE to see that. Thanks!

GSchretter

Reaction score
Bending the line didn't help as the hose melted of course maybe they didn't bend it enough. Is that in the instructions or on the web site? Oops..
Disclaimer time...

Where's your data come from that they flow more? I would LOVE to see that. Thanks!

Flow better? From one, one of your comments.
Maybe search what you have said before.

Also I know people that have tried your 6.0 and 6.4 manifolds and they told me to go with the 6.4 as the 6.0 cause this problem.

They are the ones that told me to go with your product as with the problem they are worth it, but the crap I got from your warranty department made dang sure I will never go back along with your comment tonight.

Remember your comments are representing your company not you.

Also would you like a print screen of private IM of people informing me about problems with your 6.4 manifolds which I still believe are false as they do seem well made.

Any other questions?

I would love to see if RCD manifolds flow better than OEM.
You got data big guy to prove that.

What data is there that they lower EGT at all. Well to me just looking at them they should but where's the proof? I don't see any of your web site.

Up-pipes are better than OEM to me. Well they seem thicker and well made and even if I'm done wth RCD I still point people to buy your up-pipes and oil pan, but maybe not any longer. Your right why should I say anything about RCD I have no proof but I'm out $1,000 from your manifolds.

Any other comments?

TD-5

Reaction score
Line is done.....moving on with the "to do" list

Attachments

• IMG_1312.1 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1312.1 (Medium).JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1313.1 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1313.1 (Medium).JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 92

webb06

Reaction score
Bending the line didn't help as the hose melted of course maybe they didn't bend it enough. Is that in the instructions or on the web site? Oops..
Disclaimer time...

Also I know people that have tried your 6.0 and 6.4 manifolds and they told me to go with the 6.4 as the 6.0 cause this problem.

They are the ones that told me to go with your product as with the problem they are worth it, but the crap I got from your warranty department made dang sure I will never go back along with your comment tonight.

Also would you like a print screen of private IM of people informing me about problems with your 6.4 manifolds which I still believe are false as they do seem well made.

Any other questions?

What data is there that they lower EGT at all. Well to me just looking at them they should but where's the proof? I don't see any of your web site.

Up-pipes are better than OEM to me. Well they seem thicker and well made and even if I'm done wth RCD I still point people to buy your up-pipes and oil pan, but maybe not any longer. Your right why should I say anything about RCD I have no proof but I'm out $1,000 from your manifolds.

Any other comments?

Wow....sounds like you've got it all figured out bud. I'll start taking notes on your handy work I guess, too bad I've never seen any of the work you do.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Disclaimer time...

Any other questions?

Any other comments?

Alright Greg,

Since we are going to throw out biased claims, lets go back to facts.

1, besides myself, who do you know that has tried our 6.0 manifolds back to back with our 6.4 manifolds?

2, I do not put up exact numbers on EGT's because 1, every tune calibration is different, 2 every truck is different, 3, 99% of all trucks are running different hard parts. I do not like to guarantee exact numbers because if said number is not achieved on a particular vehicle, I'm the asshole, so I give statements based on a general consensus. That was, all vehicle's these have been installed on saw a noticeable drop in egts, hence the statement.

3, You made a statement on the previous page that a stock 6.0 exhaust manifold flows more than our 6.4 style exhaust manifold, can I see your flow sheet data on that, I'd really like to review it.

4, I'm glad you like the up pipes, they are made to last, and we have a lot of R&D in them, and pride ourselves in all new units instead of welded together pieces from stock units with better bellows.

5, In my recollection of your encounter with our exhaust manifold, your vehicle developed an exhaust leak and we were notified by your installer. When Tim asked your installer where the leak was coming from, surface wise, they could not even define whether it was at the turbocharger, up pipe to manifold, or manifold to cylinder head surface. They were asked to determine where it was and contact us back. I'm sure you remember that conversation.

Past that point, you called back, after no contact from your installer complaining that we would not admit fault of product without due proof, and that you thought that was absolutely absurd.

To this day, Tim has still not received a call back from the installer with an exact diagnosis of where this supposed leak is coming from. I do not doubt you may have one, as an installer that cannot even determine a point of a simple exhaust leak is probable to have made a mistake during installation.

Thanks,

Jared

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
This guy sounds like he has the 6.4 game nailed down. Weird I've been running the 6.0 mani's on my 6.4 for over 2 years and not a single problem from it.

Latest posts

Members online