6.0 nightmare

521turbo

Reaction score
Ok here it goes. 2006 truck new hpop and ipr starts good hot or cold no smoke 55 psi fuel pressure at idle and 45 psi at wot. Truck starts to die out above half throttle or 3800 psi hpo it acts like it is getting air in the hpop. But the desired psi drop first then the actual drops, if you dont pump the peddle the truck will die then it takes 30 sec to restart but when it starts it runs fine. This truck is bone stock other than a egr delete. Checking lpo tommorow the factory gage doesnt move when it starts to act up.

521turbo

Reaction score
No codes I put a low pressure gage in the top of the oil cap reads 25 psi at 700 rpms and 65 psi at 15 to 1700 rpm then starts to jump around at 2000 and above and starts to slowly go down psi. I checked the relief vavle and it was clean and the spool moved freely in the bore. Not sure it is the pickup you would think the oil pressure would be all over the place all of the time plus I over filled by a gallon and no change.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
If the lpo reads fine but the gauge doesnt register correctly i would replace the sensor. This could also explain why the truck is demanding hpo to drop and possibly trying to shut off the motor. Given this is just theory of operation but with the price of a sensor may as well try it. Also chech the wires for damage or possible oil migration coming from that sensor if it is faulty.

Last edited:

521turbo

Reaction score
found the problem no oil pickup tube on the motor not even in the pan someone had the pan off and never put the tube back on

Latest posts

Members online