6.0 problem even worse

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
For a while, I had been having the random "dead pedal" issue and the rpm's would drop straight to idle. Checked codes and got camshaft position sensor(replaced sensor), crankshaft position sensor, and glow plug communication circuit. Took it to PSE and of course we couldn't replicate the problem. Well, now I still have the "dead pedal"/idle drop issue when the truck is cold, but now once it's up to operating temprature, the truck will just shut down/die and may or may not restart. Still shows the same codes as before. Any ideas???

fastbee

Reaction score
I had this same thing happen to me. Mine was a bad ICP sensor. You could unplug it when you're having the problem and see if it makes a difference.

acf6

Reaction score
literally just had the same problem on my 03 6.0 for like 3 months...ended up replacing the engine harness, full body harness and that didnt do anything, finally i tried unplugging the EBP sensor and that was it...

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yup. had a customers truck do that same thing. ebp sensor was shorting out the 5 volt reference, killing the pedal....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.