6.0 reg cab build. Project idgaf

cfdeng7

Reaction score
No real updates been working crazy. I believe my heads are done. Greg at Maryland will have my injectors shortly, then just slap it all back together.

Seeing mpd's shop 6.0 put down 807 on fuel with similar mods, beat trans and a smaller charger has me quite excited though!

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Actually got some billet the other day. It's going to get a full billet trans when I destroy this one....in 10 miles lol
veju8u9e.jpg

Also picked these up for when the motor gets built. :)

anameqe2.jpg

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Been a while since I have been on the forums, but saw this build today. I have same type of truck that I picked up as a test truck about 6 months ago. The truck I have is a 03 standard cab 2wd truck, had 181,000 miles on it completely bone stock. I also have plans for build but different then yours, I plan on staying VGT turbo. So far I too have a ported intake, I studded the truck one for one to see how far I could take it before the head gaskets go. It has a banks intercooler on it, sinster uppipes, 4" exhaust with muffer and S&B cold intake. Turbo has been all the VGT turbo sizes that are out there are even as big as the 72mm one. With tuning the stock injectors don't have problem turning the big stuff. My goals are to see what I can make with stock injectors before move on to bigger injectors.

I have also put some money into a stall convert and rebuilt the rear end, with 3:73 gears, also I have a trans build going in soon. I bought slicks for the truck 30x11/16 on 16x10 rims, last time down track ran a 14.0 second flat @ 100 mph and 0-60 foot time of 2.8( without slicks) can't wait to take it down track with slicks.

Looking forward to see how your build turns out, and your track numbers. I love these standard cab trucks, and have a lot of other things planned for mine.

jdc753

Reaction score
Actually got some billet the other day. It's going to get a full billet trans when I destroy this one....in 10 miles lol]

Damn, how have I missed this so far... pretty sure this is everyones dream build lately, single cab to just straight beat on...

Let me know when the maiden voyage is, I wanna see if the trans even makes it 10 miles LOL

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Damn Kevin, how have I missed this?! I remember Pete telling me you bought one. Gonna be ready for MPD's dyne and races in September?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Damn Kevin, how have I missed this?! I remember Pete telling me you bought one. Gonna be ready for MPD's dyne and races in September?

Deff be ready by then and it will get traillered down...assuming there isn't a hole in the block before then lol

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Pete likes to beat stuff. Let him see if it can handle it lmao. And remember, must think of strip club before 4:30am. Or find sluts at the hotel

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Heads are done, hope to get the long block painted and assembled in the next week or so. Here's the s475 going on it, and my buddies s480 next to it:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403657198300.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403657198300.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 112

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Got the block painted Chevy whOrange today lol. Hopefully get the long block assembled and ready for insertion in the next week or two.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404606666547.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404606666547.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Members online