6.0 tuning/limiters

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
As KC said above the Baro sensor is separate from the map and is located under the dash on the drivers side.

Have you tried back probing the signal wire on the MAP sensor and reading it's voltage output? I would be curious to see if it correlates with the pid reading of 22psi.

You could also get a handheld pressure/vacuum pump hook it to the map sensor and increase pressure while back probing the signal wire on the map sensor. Then you could reference a voltage/pressure chart to see if the sensor is functioning properly.

Kc and I where just talking about SCT tuning last night... about how the tuning is so tight lipped on these 6.0's. I would love to get my hands on the software and check it out, but using efi live on the "other" brands might have spoiled me.

As kc also stated there are a lot of limiters built into the pcm's and can be hard to find out which one your hitting. elevation, iat, eot, ect, map, ect......

Good luck!
Awesome build by the way

We have watched the sensors output while increasing pressure with shop air, it seems to respond as it should and read correctly. Doing it this way in a very controlled environment with the truck not running, KOEO, we can get the CTS2 to read 30+psi. It does freak out if you apply the pressure too fast and default back to 0 but if you bring the air in slowly (regulated to 60psi) it will read correctly up until about 32psi and beyond that it just goes blank.

Once we get the electronic fans wired in tonight we should be able to do some better data logging and get a good understanding of what things are looking like. We will compare Baro, MAP, IAT, MAF, EBP, ect.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Derek,

I can't remember, do you have an IDS?
If so, then what is your MFDES at WOT when your boost is only 22?

When you have 2.2ms of PW what is the rpm?
What is the rpm when you only have 1.9ms?

If the fueling tables are aggressive enough, 22psi is enough to give full fuel flow.

The zero bp is the inferred strategy and is nothing to worry about.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Derek,

I can't remember, do you have an IDS?
If so, then what is your MFDES at WOT when your boost is only 22?

When you have 2.2ms of PW what is the rpm?
What is the rpm when you only have 1.9ms?

If the fueling tables are aggressive enough, 22psi is enough to give full fuel flow.

The zero bp is the inferred strategy and is nothing to worry about.

Thank you for some insight Tadd.

We do have IDS.

We will be doing some major data logging this evening to see if we can find the issue. We will report back with numbers for everything that has been mentioned this far. With how busy we are this project continues to get pushed back and back.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We have the MAP sensor reading correctly, just had to put a regulator in line to ONLY allow it to see 32psi. If it see's any more than that, it will fault back into the low 20s. Even 2 pounds over 32psi and it freaks out.
Baro reads great

Today we will see if it is holding ICP voltage and maintaining the correct PW.

Wrote a new transmission file for it that allows 1st gear lock and so far I really like it. Sure picks up quite a bit in the early part of the track having that 1st gear lock.

Latest posts

Members online