6.0 vs 6.4 Oil Filter Stand Tube

03cody

Reaction score
Ok, so as I'm sitting here looking at my broke 6.0 and my broke 6.4, I noticed something. The 6.0 has a solid oil filter stand tube and the 6.4 has one that compresses. I'm assuming this is just because of updated parts for newer engines but I know that they use the same filter and cap.

I guess what I'm asking is, should I spend the 60 bucks and put a compressible one it mine? Does it make a difference? What is the reason for the compressible standtube?

EDIT: I'm guessing they compress because of the drain back? I don't understand why mine would be solid though

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
Ok, so as I'm sitting here looking at my broke 6.0 and my broke 6.4, I noticed something. The 6.0 has a solid oil filter stand tube and the 6.4 has one that compresses. I'm assuming this is just because of updated parts for newer engines but I know that they use the same filter and cap.

I guess what I'm asking is, should I spend the 60 bucks and put a compressible one it mine? Does it make a difference? What is the reason for the compressible standtube?

EDIT: I'm guessing they compress because of the drain back? I don't understand why mine would be solid though

Is the 6.0 and 03? The early 6.0 had the solid filter standpipe. After 04 I'm pretty sure, they went to the one that compresses, like on a 6.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk