6.0 zf6 tuning isues?

HicktownCreations

Reaction score
Ok so i have a 2006 with what i believe is 66mm fixed geometry RCD charger and 150% injectors i believe are also RCD... All the mods were done by previous owner who wasn't much help on specifications. Full sinister delete kit and coolant filtration and oil filtration. FICMrepair.com FICM with the "herculeas" tune. and a 190hp tune from innovative.

So the issues I'm having for example would be while trying to speed shift if I'm WOT throttle in third gear at 3200rpm as soon as I let off the accelerator and push in clutch to shift it keeps fueling to the point that it will rev out to the rev limiter. It acts like super high rail pressure on a common rail system. I'm not super familiar with the 6.0 just looking for some suggestions. It will even spike when the truck is on the stock tune in the same scenario not sure what route I need to go to get it fixed any information would be helpful thanks in advanced. Also it takes forever to get on top of the charger not sure if its an issue with the setup or just needs more attention to the tuning aspect.

william_ace

Reaction score
I would think this could be a tuning issue. WHen you say you went back to stock and it still does it, did you remove the ficm tune?

pizalm

Reaction score
This can be fixed in tuning. The Ficm tune is still causing your over rev.

It's not the ficm tune. My truck (studded and tunes, stock turbo/injectors) does the same on the race tune. It can be worked out in the tuning but I was told it takes some power away. I have IDP tunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ok so i have a 2006 with what i believe is 66mm fixed geometry RCD charger and 150% injectors i believe are also RCD... All the mods were done by previous owner who wasn't much help on specifications. Full sinister ****** kit and coolant filtration and oil filtration. FICMrepair.com FICM with the "herculeas" tune. and a 190hp tune from **********.

So the issues I'm having for example would be while trying to speed shift if I'm WOT throttle in third gear at 3200rpm as soon as I let off the accelerator and push in clutch to shift it keeps fueling to the point that it will rev out to the rev limiter. It acts like super high rail pressure on a common rail system. I'm not super familiar with the 6.0 just looking for some suggestions. It will even spike when the truck is on the stock tune in the same scenario not sure what route I need to go to get it fixed any information would be helpful thanks in advanced. Also it takes forever to get on top of the charger not sure if its an issue with the setup or just needs more attention to the tuning aspect.

Give the truck a fresh reflash with an IDS then reload the ecm tune, leave ficm stock. Ficm tunes and big injectors don't play nice.

6speedsd

Reaction score
It's not the ficm tune. My truck (studded and tunes, stock turbo/injectors) does the same on the race tune. It can be worked out in the tuning but I was told it takes some power away. I have IDP tunes.

Was told the exact thing by the same company when I had a ZF truck. Had the same issue with stock charger/injectors. Mash the clutch, and it kept reving. They adjusted the tune, obviously pulled some power, and the issue went away.

Latest posts

Members online