6.0L SOTF + Custom Tuning

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
We are looking for feedback on the possibility of shift-on-the-fly with custom tuning. If this is something a lot of you guys would be interested in, we might push forward with the R&D necessary to accomplish this.

Let us know if you're interested!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
We are looking for feedback on the possibility of shift-on-the-fly with custom tuning. If this is something a lot of you guys would be interested in, we might push forward with the R&D necessary to accomplish this.

Wrong section.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Yes we need it especially me I been switching back and forth from 210-310 for the past 4 years.

When I need to change a tune in a middle of nowhere and no battery charger and worrying about the voltage while its tuning.

Need a beta tester Jeff? LOL

You're referring to your 6.4 I assume? We posted this in the 6.0L aftermarket forum. We're already planning to do R&D on the 6.4L SOTF.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
You're referring to your 6.4 I assume? We posted this in the 6.0L aftermarket forum. We're already planning to do R&D on the 6.4L SOTF.

Ok now I know this is the 6.0 section..., I have a few buddies with 6.0's that will be interested.

05wh250

Reaction score
I will say it would be nice for sotf. But what would the shifting be like going from an aggressive street tune to a towing tune?

matt92idi

Reaction score
Are you talking about something like the bd tap shifter and manually controlling shifts or changing tunes on the fly?

Merc82

Reaction score
Kinda a neat concept. A buddy of mine runs your tuning in his 6.0 and loves it.

matt92idi

Reaction score
I'd be all for it depending on how the trans relearn worked. Would it be one trans tune and just switching ecm tunes?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I'd be all for it depending on how the trans relearn worked. Would it be one trans tune and just switching ecm tunes?

The method we looking at for making the PCM change will re-map the inferred torque reading being sent to the TCM, so it will be easy enough to build a TCM calibration to work smoothly with it, if we decide to go forward with the project.

Since the TCM (at least to our knowledge) won't accept any sort of "on the fly" change, shift scheduling and converter lock scheduling won't be able to be changed without reflashing as usual. However, as long as shift firmness is clean across the board, I believe it will still provide a much greater level of flexibility over anything else available on the market currently.

The benefit to this is, once the TCM has adapted to each power level, there will be no interruption or alteration to those adapations regardless of power level changes back and forth.

JMart

Reaction score
I might be interested. I like the power of my race tune when I want it, but its a dirty b!tch in daily driving if I am not careful.

My biggest concern is if the tunes will be Spartan only or can I run other tunes?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I might be interested. I like the power of my race tune when I want it, but its a dirty b!tch in daily driving if I am not careful.

My biggest concern is if the tunes will be Spartan only or can I run other tunes?

At first, more than likely Spartan only. I'm sure River City Diesel might want to get involved as well since they are with the newer stuff. We aren't ruling out the possibility of bringing others on board who are willing. I think pricing will be the biggest factor in that.

patricku47

Reaction score
Depending on the cost, I would be interested for sure. It would have to be pretty competitive to get people to switch from the SCT tuners they have been using for years to something new though. Just my .02....

matt92idi

Reaction score
Depending on the cost, I would be interested for sure. It would have to be pretty competitive to get people to switch from the SCT tuners they have been using for years to something new though. Just my .02....

Yeah but also if it has competitive pricing and tuning is on point then I think many would join in. Especially with it having a monitor set up

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Let's just say hypothetically-

1.) nGauge hardware for monitoring
2.) 5 power levels of your choosing
3.) Shift-on-the-fly
4.) FICM flashing included
5.) Price point between 650 and 750 dollars retail

Incorporating FICM flashing is a pet peeve of mine, as it was supposed to have happened with our device many years back, and fell through due to various situations that arose. There is a real solid possibility of making it happen now.

Latest posts

Members online