6.4 67W "Fatboy" Axle Swap?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Anyone ever attempt a 67W "Fatboy" axle swap on there 6.4 f-350 DRW before? All I found on the internet was one guy was going to do with his 06 6.0 F-350 DRW but he never did follow though with it. So I thought to bring it up again to see if anybody did the swap before.

I Called ford and they said the axle will be $3500 for a complete 67W "fatboy"

So does anybody have any other input on this?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain u can install the parts from the spindal out on a 350 and give it the wide boy stance and upgraded lug pattern. I even know of a guy who will be getting rid of all his.

The only thing u won't have is the super strong parts inside the differential. And not sure about upgraded turning radius

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Fatboy? If you're referring to using the wide track axle, I dont know why you couldn't.

Yeah the 67W wide track 8 lug pattern axle that was offered on the job 2 08's DRW f-350's. So do you think if the gear ratio is the same and it has ESOF like my dually it bolt right up?

RedRice589

Reaction score
The fronts should be 4.30's if you get it. If that's what your trying. You may need to change gears you mean the front right? All the wide track 350/450 had the higher gears. That I saw and looked at at least.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Probably gotta get the front fender flares too.

Nah got the front flares on the truck already for the past 3 years LOL I tried running the fred gooske 2 inch spacers but it kept snapping studs on the spacer so now the tires are tucked inside the fender flares.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
The fronts should be 4.30's if you get it. If that's what your trying. You may need to change gears you mean the front right? All the wide track 350/450 had the higher gears. That I saw and looked at at least.

my dually already has 4.30's so do you think it'll be a direct swap (same coil mounts,hookups ect) (from the old to the new axle.)

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
my dually already has 4.30's so do you think it'll be a direct swap (same coil mounts,hookups ect) (from the old to the new axle.)

Everything will be the same, if they have same gears it wound be a direct bolt in.

But as mentioned b4, u don't need to swap whole axles, just spindles out. And I know someone selling all their spindles out from their 450 axle

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Well depends on what wheels u want to use. U spoke b4 of a wide axle on some 350 models, I've never seen one. To have the wider 450 look u will need spindle, rotors, bearings, brake brackets, calipers, hubs..... If u were to disconnect everything at the ball joints and take that whole assembly, that would be what u need

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.