6.4 Banjo bolts

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
Does anyone have a write up or can guide me on doing the banjo bolt upgrade on an '07 6.0? I'm fixing to do an oil/filter change and was going to do the blue spring and banjo bolts as well. Also, when doing the lower fuel filter I was going to take the side cover of the pump where the water drain is off and clean it out. Is this a bad idea, or is there more to it? Thanks!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
As far as the banjo bolts go, get the 6.4 ones and washers, remove old ones and install new ones. The passenger side is easy. Drivers is a pain. Pull the air box and cac tube. Pull the 10mm clamp bolt off the lines to the head so you can move them and get some room.

05wh250

Reaction score
Like he said, pretty straight forward. If yours has dual alternator's like mine, you have to remove the lower alternator, belts and mount to access the passenger side.

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
So they are only on the front of the engine? The only video I could find was of a 7.3 and it showed them on the backside. Thanks again!

04cr450

Reaction score
Correct^. It's a waste of money though, we'll not really a waste since it is a cheap mod. U won't notice a difference. At least I didn't when I installed mine 4 years ago

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
There is no power benifit, that is for sure. But supposedly they help the fuel flow thru to the heads. The holes are bigger, and there is no check valve, but as 04cr450 said its cheap. It definitely doesnt hurt anything on that i have noticed.

Plus i read on the internets that theyre better and they cant put anything on the internet thats not true right?

Anywho back to serious, for how cheap they are and no downside, if its gonna possibly help my expensive ass injectors live a bit longer till i can buy a regulated return, i am willing to try it.

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
No point, unless you're running a regulated return. The fuel rails are dead headed at the rear of the engine. Actually, they may hurt more than they help as the 6.0 bolts have check valves built in. So, unless you're going regulated return, I wouldn't mess with it.

Latest posts

Members online