6.4 Beta Testers Wanted

Gearhead

Reaction score
Are you going to be putting out anything in the range of a 450-500HP tune? I only run lower tunes(mainly out of fear), but have always heard good things about your tunes for other trucks.

Edit: Oh, and also are these tunes going to be something you can email to me, or will I need to send in the Livewire?

Yes I have a "street" tune that should be in the 475-490HP range. Dyno results soon.

Yes email tunes.

Desertdweller

Reaction score
I have a couple days of driving the SRL tune and I think its a good daily driver tune that has little or no smoke under normal driving conditions. I get a good stream when I get hard on the throttle. Up until I tried this tune I was running IDP x street and x race. The x race is a smokey SOB but is by far more powerful. The SRL and the X sreet are real close power wise with the SRL tune clean on the low end and smokey on top, where as x street was smokey low end but cleans up on top to just a haze. The x street has givin me the best mpg. I think gearhead is sending me another tune to try out.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I have a couple days of driving the SRL tune and I think its a good daily driver tune that has little or no smoke under normal driving conditions. I get a good stream when I get hard on the throttle. Up until I tried this tune I was running IDP x street and x race. The x race is a smokey SOB but is by far more powerful. The SRL and the X sreet are real close power wise with the SRL tune clean on the low end and smokey on top, where as x street was smokey low end but cleans up on top to just a haze. The x street has givin me the best mpg. I think gearhead is sending me another tune to try out.

are you hand calc'ing the mileage? my mileage readout is correct and may read lower than other tunes for that reason.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What about some video recordings of the LW screen monitoring EGT's, Fuel Pressure, TC Slip, Boost, Backpressure, etc. from you beta testers?

Desertdweller

Reaction score
Well some not so good news, I was driving the SRL tune hard this morning to get a good feel for the power before I load the Hot tune and my truck puked alot of coolant. So I wont be loading the Hot tune. I went back to Xstreet and no puking. Do I have a blown head gasket?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Well some not so good news, I was driving the SRL tune hard this morning to get a good feel for the power before I load the Hot tune and my truck puked alot of coolant. So I wont be loading the Hot tune. I went back to Xstreet and no puking. Do I have a blown head gasket?

Did you run it equally hard on the Xstreet? What was your coolant level before the puking?

Desertdweller

Reaction score
My coolant level has always been about a inch below the cold fill line. I refilled to that level and drove hard on xstreet and no puking.

Gearhead

Reaction score
IDK what is going on here... those tunes were tested on a truck with a head gasket issue to see if it would puke and it hasn't yet.

Desertdweller

Reaction score
I was very surprised to see and smell coolant, the SRL tune was working very well with my truck and driving habits. Im thinking I flash boiled do to egt temp from driving to hard.

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Desertdweller, I had the same thing happen to me, I will be removing the coolers next week to confirm that it is not a cooler problem and them I will reload the tunes and see if they puke. I have it turned back right now until I do that, I also got some cattle to haul. I will repost when I get the coolers off

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.