6.4 clutch options

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Valair ceramic dual disc, about 40k miles so far and still does great. Ran hd300 or equivalent the whole time, pulled trailers, ECT. Great clutch. Plus pedal is softer on mine with factory hydraulics than it was stock.

Last edited:

87jumpy

Reaction score
I would say there has got to be some other contributing factor. Have not had any problems with any SB dual dicks in a 6.4. He'll I leave the line @5500 rpms in my pull truck making over 1k hp at the crank and all I have is a 3850.

For a stock truck to do that either it isn't installed right, something's wrong with the truck/trans or the driver doesn't know how to use it properly. And that's not an opinion. A stock 6.4 doesn't just tear out 750hp dual disks for no reason.

I could have sworn I put that the truck was tuned in my post. Anyway, the current clutch has been just fine for the last 7-8000 miles or so...

Just my experience. I'm by no means an expert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
I've had a SB3250 in mine for close to 30k miles. Running big tunes. Holds fine, shift speed is good. Can't imagine how yours was torn up so bad in such a short time?

Reaction score
I could have sworn I put that the truck was tuned in my post. Anyway, the current clutch has been just fine for the last 7-8000 miles or so...

Just my experience. I'm by no means an expert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yep by stock I meant stock with tuner. Not stock I would consider as bigger turbos, injectors etc...

Injected79

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys, i am positive it already has a dual disk it in, and walking through it with ease.what makes me a little nervous about the sbc dd is the last 6.0 we put the street dual disk in, teh truck walked through it in a matter of 6 to 8 months. and it was just tuned and well all know the 6.0 tuned doesnt make near the power the tuned 6.4 does

Latest posts

Members online