6.4 egr delete help

A.thoma

Reaction score
hey guys im new to the forum world im sure there is a write up somewhere but i cant find it. i just ordered an egr delete for my 2008 6.4 and i was wondering if someone could send me a link or something to a write up or just give me a a quick walk through im pretty mechanically inclined but i didnt want to tear into it blind seeing how its my dd but any help would be appreciated. thanks andrew

A.thoma

Reaction score
dfuser diesel i went went with the best for the money i didnt see a need to spend an extra $200 bucks for just a couple plugs and block off plates is there any hp gains to the larger intake pipe?

Halvy85

Reaction score
Upgrading from stock to an aftermarket elbow will flow way better. I can't say for sure what kind of hp increase there mite be though. What tuning are you planning to run?

A.thoma

Reaction score
i will be running erics tunes from idp i just want to make sure i have all the parts i need to get the egr gone cooler and everything and if there are any small things i should address thats why im looking for a detailed write up i have never done an egr delete on anything so its gonna be all foreign to me

Halvy85

Reaction score
If you go back to the RCD website and find the 6.4 egr delete kit. Click on product details then just below the description of it there will be a link you can click to download the full instructions with pictures.

A.thoma

Reaction score
If you go back to the RCD website and find the 6.4 egr delete kit. Click on product details then just below the description of it there will be a link you can click to download the full instructions with pictures.

ahhhhhhh i see now thank you sir haha do you think it would be worth ordering a high flow elbow or are they really necesary?

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
I did the thermostats while i was in there. But removing the top cooler makes getting to the thermostats a million times easier. So its not necessary really i just did cause i was already gonna be down there

Halvy85

Reaction score
I think its well worth it to put an aftermarket intake elbow on. with the egr delete youll be shutting the whole system off anyways so its worth it to get rid of this junk.

Attachments

• IMAG0441.jpg
    IMAG0441.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0440.jpg
    IMAG0440.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82

3brorce

Reaction score
That has to be what my chatter is on my truck. I still have the stock elbow with the butterfly in there. I need to get my elbow and pipe on

A.thoma

Reaction score
yea i think after seeing the inside of it ill go ahead and order one i also dont want to have any chatter from it haha im going to be doing a serpantine belt and tensioner so i think im just gonna go ahead and tear the front apart and attack from there any thoughts on that guys?

A.thoma

Reaction score
well i have my fingers crossed for you that its not hahaha im thinkin about ordering one from flo pro now so i can just do away with all the worries haha
:flipa:

3brorce

Reaction score
I ordered my no limit through MPD. Hopefully be here this week but unsure. Look up no limit. A little more $$$ but I think it may be worth it

A.thoma

Reaction score
I just ordered one off eBay from flo pro it was $139 with shipping and all that :rockon:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.