6.4 Gone. 2017 6.7 F350 Platinum In.

harrelljr99

Reaction score
Got 4 runs in on Firepunks Dyno last night. Baseline runs, SOTF Tunes 3-5. The results surprised me.

Runs were done on my forged 22" wheels. It made about 50whp more than I expected. I expected just a tick over 500whp because of how heavy the wheels were. I see most trucks dynoing 540-560whp on stock tires. I guess maybe my piping kit is helping more than I thought.....Who knows

Tune 3 - 486whp/963tq
Tune 4 - 516whp/1033 tq
Tune 5 (1st run in 5th gear) - 550whp/1102tq
Tune 5 (2nd run in 4th gear) - 556whp/1098tq

Custom Tuning, 5" Exhaust, an intake and piping kit are the only mods. Stock turbo, stock fuel and stock motor/trans. I will be swapping on my drop in 63mm VGT turbo and 10mm CP4 pump this coming Saturday...hoping to see a 100whp gain from it

e996c7be3479762106651d4db598cf26.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Good documented data, thanks for posting. I’d be willing to bet 100 hp gain will be accomplished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Good documented data, thanks for posting. I’d be willing to bet 100 hp gain will be accomplished!

It's all going to depend on how much the turbine flows that Tate used on this charger.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Yep. If it doesn’t it won’t be because of the stroker

Exactly.

Phil and Rick both told me at UCC earlier in the year that the 10mm Exergy CP4 is actually capable of maxing out and supplying about 900HP worth of fuel, they have had customers make right at 900HP with bigger injectors on their 10mm.

They said the pump wont live nearly as long maxed out like that though, which is why they rate them for 800+ because they will actually live for 100k mileage (which is what they test them for) at 800HP according to Exergy.

We will see what it does but you are correct, I wont be short on fuel as far as making power.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Got the Tater Built Drop-In Turbo and Exergy 10mm Pump swap done this past Saturday. Went very well, zero issues. Had it all done in about 5 hours, big thanks to my buddy Travis for helping me out on this.

New turbo and pump definitely make a very big difference. The stock turbo is largely restricted on airflow compared to the modified drop ins and the new exergy pump flows quite a bit more fuel, it fuels very very hard.

It is currently on a 2200us tune, I will probably run a lower fueling tune for every day driving so that it doesn't smoke so much in the lower RPMs before the turbo lights.

Other than the fueling, it runs very very well and the driveability is 10x better than before. I 100% fully believe it spools faster than stock. The turbine whistle is also quite incredible now. The whole truck sounds completely different.

My 3-4 shift flare was quite pissy at first at the added power but it is all already learning and is doing much better already.

I still think a mildy built trans is in my future for next year most likely. It would definitely help with this setup.

df96847bcfa54886fe74ba5806f8cf64.jpg
ee0603486b64970ae45ca0bb513da04a.jpg
6c0436e082a5eb76e3812d73a74c8c66.jpg
142d2998d33088dc375a82fbc0079e94.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
That's a nice unit. When are you going back for the "after" dyno runs?

probably next week.

Obviously my guess is as good as any could be but if I had to guess I'd say my hope for 100whp gain over my previous dyno runs (stock-tooned baseline setup) is probably pretty close.

Last edited:

Wicked

Reaction score
Awesome can’t wait to see the numbers with turbo and pump. Also please post a video of that turbo - would love to hear it!

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
probably next week.

Obviously my guess is as good as any could be but if I had to guess I'd say my hope for 100whp gain over stock is probably pretty close.

Not trying to be captain obvious here but by stock you mean the last dyno run, right? Stock fuel and air.
I think the piping and tuning along with the pump and turbo should net you well more than 100 compared to a truck sitting on the lot.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Not trying to be captain obvious here but by stock you mean the last dyno run, right? Stock fuel and air.
I think the piping and tuning along with the pump and turbo should net you well more than 100 compared to a truck sitting on the lot.

Yeah, 100whp gain over my stock tooned baseline numbers which were around 550whp (ish)

Bone stock 17-19 trucks off the lot make around 360-370whp ish

Connor M

Reaction score
Yeah, 100whp gain over my stock tooned baseline numbers which were around 550whp (ish)

Bone stock 17-19 trucks off the lot make around 360-370whp ish

All right that’s what I figured, just checking. See if you can get a video of it pulling on the dyno. I’d love to see how it cleans up and what it looks like. Can’t wait for the updates.

harrelljr99

Reaction score
probably next week.

Obviously my guess is as good as any could be but if I had to guess I'd say my hope for 100whp gain over stock is probably pretty close.

IMG_2520.JPG

Based on these numbers on a 2015 I’d say you’re guess is pretty good.

Black AOD

Reaction score
All right that’s what I figured, just checking. See if you can get a video of it pulling on the dyno. I’d love to see how it cleans up and what it looks like. Can’t wait for the updates.

I plan on getting an in bay dyno video and also the smoke output video as well.

I'll be recording data logs during the runs so my tuner can make revisions. I want to have as clean of tuning as possible, the cleaner the better IMO.

harrelljr99

Reaction score

I'll be recording data logs during the runs so my tuner can make revisions. I want to have as clean of tuning as possible, the cleaner the better IMO.

That sounds awesome, can’t wait to see the data!

Connor M

Reaction score

Oh yeah. Clean is good.

Did you change anything in your tuning between stock and the new set up?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Clean is good.

Did you change anything in your tuning between stock and the new set up?
Yes.

I'm working through different VGT duty cycling stuff and different fueling setups and different shifting points.

I'm trying to get it to run as clean as possible and shift as well as it can.

From day 1 my trannys 3-4 shift has fought me tooth and nail. It still does to this day.

harrelljr99

Reaction score
Yes.

I'm working through different VGT duty cycling stuff and different fueling setups and different shifting points.

I'm trying to get it to run as clean as possible and shift as well as it can.

From day 1 my trannys 3-4 shift has fought me tooth and nail. It still does to this day.

Is TSD helping with tweaking custom files or are you trying different stuff already in their support pack?

Latest posts

Members online