6.4 hfcm harness

Dieseljunkie

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im in the process of getting everything together to put a 6.4 hfcm on my truck. Does anyone know the part # for the wiring harness? And would it be okay to run it without a sump at first until I can get one? Thanks guys.

04cr450

Reaction score
I would run it with a sump. I have a 6.4 pump on mine as well with a beans diesel sump. I really like the combo. 6.0 hfcm pump backed with a 6.4 hfcm and sump. I have no issues holding fuel pressures with 175/75's.

loboost

Reaction score
I would run it with a sump. I have a 6.4 pump on mine as well with a beans diesel sump. I really like the combo. 6.0 hfcm pump backed with a 6.4 hfcm and sump. I have no issues holding fuel pressures with 175/75's.

How exactly did you wire and plumb the 6.4 pump?

sent while driving recklessly

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
I simply tied it in with the 6.0 harness. Its the same wire for wire- cut the main molex plug off the 6.4 harness and ran 16 gauge wire to the 6.0 harness, soldered the connections, wrapped in wire loom and rubber electrical bung tape and called it good. the wire gauge on the harness is thick enough for the added amps.. 16 gauge is good for 10ft. at 20 amps. You only need an additional 4-5 feet.

04cr450

Reaction score
the 6.4 pump I mounted on the frame like the 6.0 pump... 1/2" fuel line from the sump to inlet and outlet of 6.4 pump- then ties into the 6.0 hfcm(you need a efi 1/2"male to 3/8" fitting). Then on the return- from the 6.0 hfcm use a 5/16" efi fitting to 3/8" male and run 3/8" fuel line to the return side of 6.4 hfcm which is 3/8" inlet and outlet. From the 6.4 return, run to the top of tank/fuel sender on the 3/8" line(which was the supply feed factory). Cap the 5/16" line (which was the stock return u don't need this anymore)... On the inside of tank I took the 3/8" draw straw(which is now your return) and bent it at a 45* angle pointing it towards the front of tank with an added 8" piece of fuel line so the fuel being returned wont effect the sump/supply feed. Its a good setup so far.

loboost

Reaction score
I simply tied it in with the 6.0 harness. Its the same wire for wire- cut the main molex plug off the 6.4 harness and ran 16 gauge wire to the 6.0 harness, soldered the connections, wrapped in wire loom and rubber electrical bung tape and called it good. the wire gauge on the harness is thick enough for the added amps.. 16 gauge is good for 10ft. at 20 amps. You only need an additional 4-5 feet.

Essentially you just T tapped into the wiring for the stock hfcm

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Pics would be very helpful, i plan on doing this when warmer weather comes around and its sounding kinda complicated for my slow a$$.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to be that hard at all to do. This thread seems to make it sound more complex than it really is. I bet the hardest part is just finding a nice place to mount it and fabbing a bracket or something to hold it to the frame.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Fabbing up a solid bracket = no prob at all
Fabbing up a decent looking piece = can u make it nice with a 90 grinder? Lol

loboost

Reaction score
Fabbing up a solid bracket = no prob at all
Fabbing up a decent looking piece = can u make it nice with a 90 grinder? Lol

How's the 6.4 lpfp mount on the 6.4 trucks?

Does it have its own filter as well?

04cr450

Reaction score
It mounts the same way the 6.0 pump is mounted on frame. I just drilled 3 holes and mounted it on frame. No biggy at all.. ill get pictures. I have a full detailed writeup with pictures on the org.

04cr450

Reaction score
The 6.4 pump is the same design and holds the same water sperator filter as the 6.0 pump. Only diff between the 2 is discharge psi and the water drain is different than the 6.0. But again same pump dimensions essentially.

loboost

Reaction score
The 6.4 pump is the same design and holds the same water sperator filter as the 6.0 pump. Only diff between the 2 is discharge psi and the water drain is different than the 6.0. But again same pump dimensions essentially.

That being the case...the easiest thing to do is just like you did...measure then drill. You bolt tight to the frame or use a rubber grommet?

Latest posts

Members online