6.4 in a 6.0 truck

Brokestroker

Reaction score
I found a 6.4 complete engine no tranny with a couple mods that was removed and swapped when this guy ditched his ford for a ram. I would love to get the 6.4 and drop it into my truck but how hard is it going to be. I know it isn't going to just bolt up and run but this is for my DD so I'm not trying to do an extensive build that would take me off the street for a while. Any help or suggestions are appreciated

co04cobra

Reaction score
All wiring from a 6.4 donor and yes it will take some time. New converter for the 5r to match 6.4 flex plate. That's the start of it anyway.

Brokestroker

Reaction score
I can get the motor real cheap. But sounds like a lot of money to do it. I want to just buy the motor just don't have room for an 800 pound motor just to sit around

matt92idi

Reaction score
You'll need a whole truck really. Harness, gauge cluster, I think there's some different stuff in the transmission. Forsure wouldn't be a weekend swap or anything

Brokestroker

Reaction score
Yeah it has the harness with it but looks like it is going to be a no go. I might still get it I'm sure there is some project that isn't my daily I could find for it

matt92idi

Reaction score
If it's a good motor that's been deleted from a pretty low mileage then your best bet is to find a 6.4 that has a cracked piston or something along those lines and end up with a 6.4

Latest posts

Members online