6.4 Injector failure

Petro

Reaction score
What are the signs of injector failure in a 6.4? This concerns me because my truck was made in march of 07, so its a early build and twice now ive noticed my truck smoking blueish black at an idle, once at a stop light and once right after start up. Other than the smoke it runs great, with no indication there is a problem at all. If it is an injector problem i need to start looking to trade it off because i dont think i could do it myself and i cant afford to have ford do it.
Thanks
Dillon

Bluthndr

Reaction score
Get it checked out yesterday. I have heard the engine computer is so good at adjusting things that once you notice a drivability problem lots of money has been spent in parts... If you have a scan tool or can borrow one look at your fuel trims by cylinder as well as the previously mentioned

Dzchey21

Reaction score
is it tuned or anything?

Injector balance codes with throw without a check engine light, but there still may be an issue.

Petro

Reaction score
It just has an Edge Race programmer in it now. It runs great, no codes, or anything else. Just twice i noticed smoke at an idle, both times was kinda blueish black. I know very little about these engines but i remembered my buddy's 04 duramax started smoking at an idle like this when his injectors stareted to fail. I know its apples to oranges but both are common rail engines and it got me wondering.

Latest posts

Members online