6.4 internal limits?

Nic

Reaction score
When does EBP become an issue? The CTS I got was preset to go off at 40. It started barking at me as soon as I loaded up a canned street tune and a trailer with my sxs on it going up hill. I think the highest it hit was 50 or so.

sootie

Reaction score
cylinder pressure is made up of a few things:

ebp
boost
force from crank pushing the piston up.

dont only look at ebp.

stock valvetrain you arent going to want to see too much over 70psi absolute

B585Ford

Reaction score
10 4 I have it set at 60 now and havent hit that yet

With stock fuel and the 59 HP with a modest atmo upgrade (71), I doubt you will run into EBP issues. Many people with atmo upgrades are still runnin the stocker HP turbo and that is when the EBP is more likely to be an issue. IMO 75 absolute (actual 60-65) should be safe. With my previous mods, I have seen 70-72 (actual) and the EBP was still climbing when I let off due to high EBP. That is why a gate is going on this round.

Nic

Reaction score
I have the 59/71 and have layed into it a couple times and it hasnt went off yet. Ill be happy to keep it under 60. For some reason, the preload 'street' tune frickin BLOWS. I hate the way it makes my truck drive. Loaded the x-street back up and thats where it stays until I get ahold of Gearhead this week.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have the 59/71 and have layed into it a couple times and it hasnt went off yet. Ill be happy to keep it under 60. For some reason, the preload 'street' tune frickin BLOWS. I hate the way it makes my truck drive. Loaded the x-street back up and thats where it stays until I get ahold of Gearhead this week.

Is the street tune laggy? If so, I would bet there ain't enough down low to get that 59 spinning. If it is on the top end only and you have MCC, let me know.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
he's on SCT platform

Nic, I would ask Matt to bump the bottom end fuel just a little vs. his standard tunes. Make it known that you're at sea level and have slightly bigger chargers, so you're not looking for smoke, just a little more bottom end than his standard tunes to help get them lit.

I love his tunes because you can be pretty heavy on the throttle down low without worrying about offending anybody, but I would imagine they'd be pretty lazy on bigger turbos when you don't want them to be.

Nic

Reaction score
Ill tell him. And its not that its laggy down low. Im referring to the preload 'street' option canned tune. The IDP X-street lights that sucker FAST and there isnt a butt ton of smoke but the thing shifts so hard. I think IDP thinks you're going right to the track with it or something. 3rd gear wont shift until it hits 2k rpms so trying to go 30mph is a pain. When it hits 4th, holy hell it pulls HARD but it shifts into OD WAY too soon it seems. The tune makes it feel like a 900hp truck. Not very street friendly unless you baby it completely.

Latest posts

Members online