6.4 Job number and differences

RescueF250

Reaction score
Job 1

Build dates 01-07 thru 06-07

First builds of the 08's. Lower valence in front on front bumper much shorter than later job builds.
Radiators would leak, most should be replaced under warranty by now. Also there was a recal for a venturi T to be added to keep the radiators from splitting.
TCM, early on it was thought that the transmission control module was a hold up for transmission life, but has sense been fixed by more refined trans tuning
Transmissions,Job 1 was the only model to have an external filter as well as the internal in the pan. some hard part differences like overdrive planetarys but i dont know all the details so hopefully someone can step in a clarify the changes.

Injectors had a recall for hanging open and filling the crankcase full of fuel, VIN specific recall

Job 2

Build dates 07-07 thru 12-07

Second build batches of the 08 model year

Got a bigger valence on the front bumper, said to improve mileage by 1-2 mpg.

TCM part numbers changed. Other small changes were made hopefully more can chime in with more info

Job 3 pretty much anything built in 08 was a job 3

not familiar with all the changes

2009 Job 2 added SYNC.

Last year of 3.73 gears as an option

2010s

3.55s were the highest gear ration selection

K_Hood

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I have been searching for this info for awhile now. I guess I was just looking in all the wrong places. There is barely any 07's or 09's for sale local to where I am from, but gobs of 08's and I didn't know the differance in the differant jobs. I found a couple and seen the differance in the front valance. Never knew that. Hopefully somebody can chime in some additional info. Thanks :thumbup:

jdgleason

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I have been searching for this info for awhile now. I guess I was just looking in all the wrong places. There is barely any 07's or 09's for sale local to where I am from, but gobs of 08's and I didn't know the differance in the differant jobs. I found a couple and seen the differance in the front valance. Never knew that. Hopefully somebody can chime in some additional info. Thanks :thumbup:

Keep in mind, I dont believe all 08s were job 1s.

Latest posts

Members online