6.4 mpg ???

Reaction score
Hi everyone, still new to PSA, it's an awesome forum!! I was wondering if I could get a little more mpg's out of my truck with what I have. Daily driving work truck. 08 F250 eclb. Dpf/Cat delete, 4" Flo pro, S&B intake, Sct livewire ts, 4 Gearhead tunes.Thanks for any info.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I'd throw some upgraded Intercooler Piping from no limit fab and enjoy. If you want more info, shoot me a pm. :thumbsup:

silver6four

Reaction score
man seems like most people say they get 18 mpg and up after deleting but ive never seen over 16.8 1 time 100% hwy 75 mph...from st louis to southern ark.. got 15 somthing on way back same mph and everything..guess it was because i was driving up instaed of down..lol...good luck.. i do have 3.55s with 35s tho..

Reaction score
Yeah I hear the same thing but Im not seeing much better milage. Its my daily driver/work truck so I dont want to get to radical with it but a little more mpg would be great.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you are getting above 15, you are doing good.

Especially running 75mph...

capt dong

Reaction score
Most of your mpg improvement will come from intake and exhaust modifications. I would delete the egr coolers and valve and get an intake elbow. Set your low boost fueling to zero. Keep your foot off the throttle. I got 16.5 mpgs mixed driving everyweek in rush hour traffic and hauling. After 325 wide tires and heavier 22 inch wheels i lost 1.5 mpgs.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
RPM and Right Foot is MPG. Drive with an egg under your foot and dot let the RPM stay above 2000 and I bet you get better.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
tuning...

I've got a tune I wrote that runs at least 20-25% more rail across the board. It also has LESS low boost fueling than OEM.

The trans tune is dialed in gnat's ass to keep the RPM in the sweet spot and to kick down when needed to stay on the turbos as much as possible.

The truck will make 1-2psi of boost sitting at a stop light with your foot on the brake. Helps the truck move smoke-free off the line.

Seems like it would be sluggish with LESS low boost fuel than stock, but it's a light truck, and having the turbos already spinning means it still accelerates as good/better than a stock truck right off the line. As soon as you get a few feet out, it'll start dusting the tires.

The truck will still get down pretty dang good. It's probably about a "200hp" tune over stock. The amount of particulate that comes from the OEM tune is nasty. They do it to keep heat up for aftertreatment, I get it... But I focused on just creating as little particulate as possible, and this tune is far cleaner than even most pre-08 OEM tunes!!!

Anyhow, that squeaky clean tune that ACTUALLY takes advantage of every bit of fuel being injected to correlate to forward motion? It'll put 19.6 on the lie-o-meter driving it like a normal human that likes to do 85 on the highway.

My Gearhead tunes driving the way I do? currently showing 15.4 and falling! LOL

You can drive with an egg under your foot... or you can put a tune on it that puts the egg there for you :D

tbsimmons

Reaction score
19.6. With my method on the X-Street I got 23 and calculated 18 in my dually and stock chargers. Now it does a little better at the same speed and a lot better at higher RPM. Now it has 4.88's so I am above 2000 pretty much all the time. Plus the truck weighs over 10000#.

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Is this a 6.4 MPG when towing or just daily driving? If not towing i'd say you have something more to look into. I have seen majority if these deleted and tuned 6.4 trucks getting no less than 15mpg. It appears to me from you avatar pic you are still on stock tires. After deleting my truck and still on stock tires through a ZF6 manual trans I saw 22.81 hand calc'd as a max and normally 19 in hwy/city. I am now on 37" in M/T and still get a 16-17mpg mix.

Reaction score
I'm getting 13.5 hand calc'd that's with stock tires on street tune (gear head) maybe I need to change settings on livewire ts. Any hints about that??

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. My thread should have said 6.4L mpg??? I missed the L. I'm getting 13.5 hand calc'd on the street gearhead tune with the stock tires. Thanks again for the replies.

pog

Reaction score
maybe your truck just won't change. ive been stock, intake tune exhaust 35's, single turbo and 60% tips w/ 35's and now with 33's. my mileage has always hovered around 13-15mpg.

08Monster

Reaction score
The go pedal makes such a sweet sound with a single, so I took that egg and made omelets.

Latest posts

Members online