6.4 owner looking for a 4 digit HP number

jdgleason

Reaction score
Thanks for that Dustin I think that helps a lot. I'll be the first to admit I'm not always the most professional on here, but I'm human. Sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes, I wasn't trying to.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You are right and my posts weren't worded the best but your interpretation was correct. Craigs and mikes comments were taken as jabs at me but why and the meaning behind them who knows. I think winning DPC and not breaking anything should stand for itself. 12 yr olds in the playground sharing inside jokes is lame. So lets hear what your problem is.

Matt

Reaction score
Sorry Dustin. I like high hp powerstrokes, no matter whose building them. High hp powerstrokes are good for all of us, regardless whose parts they are running.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Sorry Dustin. I like high hp powerstrokes, no matter whose building them. High hp powerstrokes are good for all of us, regardless whose parts they are running.

Thats my point, we need more people making hp so we have more options and more data, one truck making 1000 hp doesnt help everyone else as good as 20 trucks at that level with all different parts lists. Plus competition drives innovation, which in the end helps all of us the end user.

Its all good i aint mad at anyone, i just wanted to make a point.

Sorry to the OP for the derail, i will clean it up tomorrow

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Thats my point, we need more people making hp so we have more options and more data, one truck making 1000 hp doesnt help everyone else as good as 20 trucks at that level with all different parts lists. Plus competition drives innovation, which in the end helps all of us the end user.

You mad bro? Why you mad?

Black_Lightning91

Reaction score

That is the best point in this whole thread!!! I got one or two idea's my first one ended up being godzillas killer triples build but I got others as do a lot of the people here. The more trucks at those levels with different parts the more we see what works and what don't and even why they didnt work or what parts can be changed for the better and it keeps the evolution of these engines, trucks and this sport/hobby going. It's not about build vs build but build vs results.

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
My motor is stock besides head studs and its in the quad digits, BUT I know its on borrowed time. If I had enough extra cash there wouldn't be a question in my mind if it was going to get built. If you have the funds I say build it.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Im sorry if my post hurt peoples feelings it really wasnt meant to be a stab it was more of a joke lol thing...you guys can dish it out but when someone gives it back to you its a big deal
Long story short im sorry if you took my dpc post seriously it is a accomplishment and glad a ford one this year

dstryr

Reaction score
cant-we-all-just-get-along1.jpg

Kind

Reaction score
Is no one considering the 2 into 1 triples? Besides me? The Dmax and Cummins guys seem to have good luck making 800hp+ daily drivers, low egts and great spool up(as long as your atmospheres aren't to big).

As in my set up the two atmospheres are 62's. Both combined make my primary(in theory that I may be incorrect about given turbo maps) equal 124mm. So I would have a 124mm of atmosphere feeding a 66. As twins that would never light, but as triples it lights faster then most medium size twins on the Dmax/Cummins trucks.

I believe the overall usability of this type of configuration has been proven by those two camps. Some Dmax guys "claim" towing with 1000hp trips without any issues. All the WOP trucks have shown solid results as well.

Just seems like a logical set up if you are willing to pay for it.

Every configuration has it's positives and negatives, dependant on your location, intended use, supporting mods(current or future) money and above all personal preference.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Is no one considering the 2 into 1 triples? Besides me? The Dmax and Cummins guys seem to have good luck making 800hp+ daily drivers, low egts and great spool up(as long as your atmospheres aren't to big).

As in my set up the two atmospheres are 62's. Both combined make my primary(in theory that I may be incorrect about given turbo maps) equal 124mm. So I would have a 124mm of atmosphere feeding a 66. As twins that would never light, but as triples it lights faster then most medium size twins on the Dmax/Cummins trucks.

I believe the overall usability of this type of configuration has been proven by those two camps. Some Dmax guys "claim" towing with 1000hp trips without any issues. All the WOP trucks have shown solid results as well.

Every configuration has it's positives and negatives, dependant on your location, intended use, supporting mods(current or future) money and above all personal preference.

I think some have, we have also thrown around the idea of putting a big atmo turbo infront of a set of tow powers etc. That set up put up big #'s on bigr's truck until it broke. But his are a little bigger than high powers.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Quoting now to get back to later. My thoughts lay close to yours

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't think the math works out like that for the 62mm equaling 124mm it has to do with surface area. Let me do dime thinking and come back to this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Plumbing will be fun. That was our first thought just an absolute headache but done right you can do it no gate which saves a lot of backend space. But if your atmo is going in the valley you are size limited. I like this idea very much. Mine spools instant , drives smoke free and will eat up kind's setup lol.

Last edited:

mike@haller's

Reaction score
i think conventional "triples" would be sweet. a big single in the valley would help with serviceability of the motor then stagger two 62mm turbos on the right side. Jeremy pierce ran this setup at dpc this year. Seemed to work well and didnt look to be very hard to work on.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
i think conventional "triples" would be sweet. a big single in the valley would help with serviceability of the motor then stagger two 62mm turbos on the right side. Jeremy pierce ran this setup at dpc this year. Seemed to work well and didnt look to be very hard to work on.

He did have a lot of room in the engine bay. Wasn't his inner fender well gone too?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.