6.4 Trans Carnage

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I was gettin on the truck goin up a hill last night and i think one of the shafts or

the converter in the truck went out on it...there was a loud pop, and it jerked

so hard it knocked my window out of track. Then it just free revved...the truck

still has park, there is no grinding or whining noise, any ideas...kinda hoping its

the input so the truck isn't down as long as it takes to get shipped back to get

fixed

Jhaddox

Reaction score
DUDE!!!! Thats crazy. Did you over rev?

nope...it snapped on a shift...it shifted at like 3300 and then BOOM!...im guessing if its a shaft its the intermediate, because everything else is billet, or the suncoast converter gave up on me...if it was the converter im hoping they have the HD converter ready, because i wont be goin with another one of their normal converters

Last edited:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Did you find out what the problem is/was for sure?

TQ or input shaft?

not yet...it's getting torn outta the truck later this week, if its not the converter ill be guessing the intermediate, ill ship it out to Tadd and let him do his magic...if its the intermediate i'll have a billet peice put in, if its the converter ill try to get my hands on the HD converter if their anywhere near being released

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Did you find out what the problem is/was for sure?

TQ or input shaft?

it ended up being the intermediate:doh:

looks like i gotta drop some cash on a new billet intermediate on a trans ive had in the truck for 5000 miles:morons:

David S.

Reaction score
how much the intermediate gunna run ya? was it stock before the break?

David S.

Reaction score
so now it will actually be fully built! even better

i'm dealing with similar problems withmy truck

Jhaddox

Reaction score
so now it will actually be fully built! even better

i'm dealing with similar problems withmy truck

yup it'll have absolutely everything you can throw into it now..so hopefully it wont break...just wish i woulda bought my tranny a month or 2 later so i coulda had the billet shaft put in from the start...but it happens

chappy

Reaction score
yup it'll have absolutely everything you can throw into it now..so hopefully it wont break...just wish i woulda bought my tranny a month or 2 later so i coulda had the billet shaft put in from the start...but it happens

What hp are you at now? Just wondering how much she took before giving up.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Hey Jhaddox, Glad to see you figured it out and got it fixed. How bad was the carnage? if you want itd be cool if you took a pic and put it on the carnage thread. For sh!ts and giggles.

Latest posts

Members online