6.4 Tune Results

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I think if it sounded like a 6.0 at idle that would be cool, not sure if there is any benefit over just a cool factor but I like the way the older diesels sound at idle.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
MCC + Matts tuning= a good time.

Just switched from my livewire with Matts tunes to my Mini Maxx with Matts tunes, and the difference was very noticeable. Worth the switch without a doubt, can't wait to see about any mileage gains!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
There is more tuneability with MCC?

That is how I understood it, have not tried to mess with MCC myself. But as it was relayed to me, yes. Better mileage was one of the biggest things.
The pilot injection event seems to be much quieter as well.
Truck was very smooth to drive before, effortless. It is even better now, I would say dang near perfect.

3brorce

Reaction score
You are just noticing a drivability difference or what are the differences from MCC to SCT? Power comes on the same? Peak power feel any different? Smoke output? More info please. Is it really worth the switch when HS race tuners are going for $1,500 then add MCC $200 and tuning on top of that?

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
I just finishing helping put together a truck with a minimaxx and Matt's tunes. I gotta say I was super impressed with them coming from mine with the SCT. The shift on the fly is great too. My buddy didn't realize it was on the stock tune and he was still tickled with it lol

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
You can offset the cost by selling your livewire. The livewire is worth a pretty penny at the moment as well.

I would say it is worth the switch, but not if you plan to keep your livewire and are out $1700+ to get MCC on a MiniMaxx.

kdsf350

Reaction score
I just finishing helping put together a truck with a minimaxx and Matt's tunes. I gotta say I was super impressed with them coming from mine with the SCT. The shift on the fly is great too. My buddy didn't realize it was on the stock tune and he was still tickled with it lol

This good to hear just call Gearhead today their just finishing up the testing for Job 1 trucks this week, cant wait.

kdsf350

Reaction score
You can offset the cost by selling your livewire. The livewire is worth a pretty penny at the moment as well.

I would say it is worth the switch, but not if you plan to keep your livewire and are out $1700+ to get MCC on a MiniMaxx.

Derek, It will be nice to meet with you and see your shop tomorrow.

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
Digging up an old thread, but has anyone dynoed lately with the latest tunes?

I'm going to rudy's this weekend for their event in NC. i'm currently running your Hot Street.. thinking about hitting the dyno.. should i be able to hit 525hp? with hot street?

200whp_Liter

Reaction score
I'm going to rudy's this weekend for their event in NC. i'm currently running your Hot Street.. thinking about hitting the dyno.. should i be able to hit 525hp? with hot street?

I made 565 on the stock setting last week. Intake, tune, Exhaust and a 71. 681whp on Matt's race tune. I am very happy with all of his tunes.

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
i'm not rockin the 71 lol.. ... so i'm not gotta get 565 i don't think.. over 530 and i would be happy..

BBottoms

Reaction score
I saw a couple stock turbo trucks hit 600 last fall at Spartan's dyno event in Georgia. Granted they were probably running a hot or race tune, but still. Tuning has come a long way on these trucks.

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
sounds promising.. thats for sure. we'll see.. if i can get my name on the list and get on the dyno i'll post up some numbers

BBottoms

Reaction score
I'm going to a dyno event in Indianapolis at the end of the month. If someone wants to donate me an H&S I'd be happy to compare Matt's MCC vs. SCT Race tune... :)

Latest posts

Members online