6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

Mdub707

Reaction score
bob and rob diesel. That's about as creative as their user names on here. Surprised the fake fb names don't have soot or coal or smoke in them LOL

Funny you should mention that... one of them has a username on CompD: rollingthecoal

claws314

Reaction score
Ok so I am being lets say, pushed, prodded or whatever to have my engine torn down and "inspected" and I mean I am somewhat open to the idea,but there's also a very stubborn side that's "eff it, it has carillo rods, it'll last for a few months."

I haven't decided what I'm up to yet

I would think Custom Auto would want to tear it down and go through it after what you've been through. I don't mean that to fan the flames I'm just saying if they're going to have their name associated with it looks like they would want a good foundation to start with.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Dan explained several times that he's over it. Lesson learned and he's moving on.

Gotta admire a man who decides against destroying a company purely because that's not how he rolls.

:whs: I agree 100%.

With what you said JD and with what Dan has been saying all through this thread. What has happened, happened and is in the past. Dan has made the choice to move on and forget what happened. (well maybe not forget but put it behind him)

So why cant we as members of the forum except that and move on. After all this IS Dans thread and Dans pickup. SO if he says he wants to forget it and move on. Why should we not do the same?? I am getting tired of going through page after page just to see nothing but smack talk about Counterfeit Diesel (CFD) .... And not getting any updates on the reason this thread wad started.

Dan You have a great attitude. Keep it up!!!! I can not wait to see what custom auto does for you and you pickup. My next pickup will be a 6.7 and I like to see what they can do with good solid mods. keep it up!!!

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Just wanted to put this out there. I am the one who created the CFD-Fail FB page... I am in no way, shape, or form, competition for them.

I am not a shop owner or anything of the sort. I'm an average guy that thought it was BS that a legit company could get away with something on this level. It happens too often and its a shame more don't stand up and do something about it.

I do not want anyone else getting blamed or called out for posting "false" information about CFD. I also don't see a point in dragging personal information into this. It doesn't matter what someone has done in the past and apparently, CFD has turned out decent work before. It just seems that recently, things have gone to crap.

If Dan or anyone else would like me to shut down the FB page, I will. I just want the information to stay out there which it will on forums such as this.

PM me or drop me an e-mail or what have you if you want it gone.

Thanks guys.

JMart

Reaction score
:whs: I agree 100%.

With what you said JD and with what Dan has been saying all through this thread. What has happened, happened and is in the past. Dan has made the choice to move on and forget what happened. (well maybe not forget but put it behind him)

So why cant we as members of the forum except that and move on. After all this IS Dans thread and Dans pickup. SO if he says he wants to forget it and move on. Why should we not do the same?? I am getting tired of going through page after page just to see nothing but smack talk about Counterfeit Diesel (CFD) .... And not getting any updates on the reason this thread wad started.

Dan You have a great attitude. Keep it up!!!! I can not wait to see what custom auto does for you and you pickup. My next pickup will be a 6.7 and I like to see what they can do with good solid mods. keep it up!!!

He has a build thread for the updates. This thread is to make sure no one else gets it like Dan did. The next guy might go homicidal.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Evan from Cfd

a3egerem.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Dan

Reaction score
So I thought I would address the Facebook page!

All jokes, bashing and "bad mouthing" aside, lets be real here for a min, this company has been addressed about their welding before and sat back and said they were rushed etc etc, and it was no different this time. They have an issue. And it needs to be fixed one of two ways. Either they sub out their welding/fabrication to a QUALIFIED company or they hire a qualified fabricator to do all their fabrication... It's that simple. Nothing leaves their 4 bay shop until its absolutely 100 percent show truck quality.

If that can't be met, than absolutely I agree that they should go back to doing maintenance mechanical work that has nothing to do with a welder. I noticed on their competitions FB they bought a new really expensive welder and hired a fabricator in efforts to have a flawless turbo kit..

Now another thing I would like to address is people commenting on my attitude through the whole thing, don't get me wrong there was a point where I was absolutely livid BUT I realized that its really no big deal, it's just a truck and it can be fixed. And I appreciate James and Dmitri for taking on the project!

One last thing, folks that have pushed for me to sue or whatever, my view on that may be a little different because I'm Canadian and we see things a little different and I defiantly am not a freeloader so the only thing I'm looking for is change. Make a good quality product and I'm happy and I'm sure thousand of customers would be too in the future!

Thanks for the informative Facebook page

Beans71086

Reaction score
Saw this on CompD:

I don't know if this has already been shown but, this is written on CFDs website under 6.7 single turbo kit now. LMAO

Note: Before prchasing this product buyer must agree that they have reviewed information contained on forums.

Powertroke Army, Powerstroke.org, Competition Diesel, and any other diesel forum.

The competition is very stiff and they have went out of their way to post negative reviews and remarks.

If after reading the Threads you want to purchase a kit from another company we suggest you do so.

We will confirm that you have been notified of the negative information contained on forums before completing this transaction.

PSD715

Reaction score
Translation: "Our kits really suck, and we don't plan on making it any better. So we just wanna make sure you dgaf about your brand new truck. Maybe we can work up a complementary custom fender exhaust for you."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.