6.7 DPF 2011-2014 Compatability

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Hi All,

This probably isn't a usual question but I am selling my stock DPF on a local classifieds website and I had a potential buyer today but it seems his factory one is different from my DPF setup. I have a 2014 model and the guy that wanted to buy it has a 2011 model. I called Ford and they quoted me two different part numbers as well but can't tell me what is actually different or if they will work or not go figure. It seems as the very beginning of the DPF setup is a little different and there are different noise damper's installed, which shouldn't actually matter and the neck looks like it has a slightly different curve to it possibly? I'm just going off of a picture. Does anybody actually know if these in fact are different and I could not sell him my DPF setup off of my 2014 to fit on his 2011?? Thanks for any help in this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi All,

This probably isn't a usual question but I am selling my stock DPF on a local classifieds website and I had a potential buyer today but it seems his factory one is different from my DPF setup. I have a 2014 model and the guy that wanted to buy it has a 2011 model. I called Ford and they quoted me two different part numbers as well but can't tell me what is actually different or if they will work or not go figure. It seems as the very beginning of the DPF setup is a little different and there are different noise damper's installed, which shouldn't actually matter and the neck looks like it has a slightly different curve to it possibly? I'm just going off of a picture. Does anybody actually know if these in fact are different and I could not sell him my DPF setup off of my 2014 to fit on his 2011?? Thanks for any help in this.

im pretty sure its the same. it may have a different sensor pattern or somehting but i'm sure it will still work.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Nope they are different, as a matter of fact there are 3 different ones Ive seen and possibly more. The internals possibly are the same but the sensors are way different on certain years. I tried to sell my truck back to the dealership and demod(stupid mistake) and found out the hard way when they wanted to take 6 grand off my trade in for a new DPF system. Had a 13 system on my 12 and they caught it

There is a different pressure sensor setup on the 13-14 and also another nox sensor. Also an additional sensor module box unit. Overall more sensors than the 11-12

Last edited:

truckman1974

Reaction score
Nope they are different, as a matter of fact there are 3 different ones Ive seen and possibly more. The internals possibly are the same but the sensors are way different on certain years. I tried to sell my truck back to the dealership and demod(stupid mistake) and found out the hard way when they wanted to take 6 grand off my trade in for a new DPF system.

There is a different pressure sensor setup on the 13-14 and also another nox sensor. Also an additional sensor module box unit. Overall more sensors than the 11-12

So when you said "Stupid Mistake" did you mean you should've just traded the trunk in with the mods/deletes still in place? Or, regardless they would've known and tried to hit you for the $6k?

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I can provide photo evidence this evening if needed as I have 2 different ones in my shop. (Took forever to find the correct one a couple months back lol) The 3rd one I gave back to a guy to get the correct one (only difference was one extra sensor towards the middle)

Last edited:

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
So when you said "Stupid Mistake" did you mean you should've just traded the trunk in with the mods/deletes still in place? Or, regardless they would've known and tried to hit you for the $6k?

Should have just kept the truck in general and left it alone to begin with.
Rather Long story I'd rather not talk about man lol

truckman1974

Reaction score
ahh, it's cool, don't sweat it. I just was wondering if someone had theirs deleted if it's best to return it to stock before trying to trade or just to go for it and trade it as is with the programmer and everything..........I thought that's where your story was going.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I would trade it in with the delete! And bring them your dpf if anything.....I dont know if your dealer was as strict as mine but I also failed to mention earlier that they knew my EGR was going to be plugged up from blocking it off and were going to add that into the equation.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
ahh, it's cool, don't sweat it. I just was wondering if someone had theirs deleted if it's best to return it to stock before trying to trade or just to go for it and trade it as is with the programmer and everything..........I thought that's where your story was going.

I tried to trade mine in and the dealer wanted me to take a substantial loss because the truck was modified. They said they would have to disclose it was programmed. My advice, return to stock, don't mention it was modified, and trade in!

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
What he said is another option^

Just be sure and get the correct DPF setup and have no codes. Worth a try...
They still caught me haha

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yep, no worries. I have no intention on trading. I want to drive this one till the wheels fall off (please, wheels, don't fall off!)......... I was just curious. I do still have all the factory parts though JUST IN CASE.

Latest posts

Members online