6.7 EGT on Warhammer 15-16

redneck1

Reaction score
I was wondering, does anyone have a dedicated pyro on their spar tan warhammer tunes? Or a stable, consistent setup?. I have my ndash setup to read off my egr port, but I don't know how accurate it is. The only reason I question is because it doesn't go lower than 568°, but above that it seems close. I've seen around 1450 on a short full throttle run, that seemed a little high for the 500 tune. Just curious what you guys are seeing.

I searched for information on this but couldn't find it. If there is a thread I missed with this specific info, post a link. Tapatalk doesn't like to search.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I've seen 1640 wot till over 100mph on the 600 tune. But I have a 17" FTE resonator and a 40" Donaldson muffler behind it.

redneck1

Reaction score
How hot can these trucks be safely ran for short bursts? I just had my egt sensors in my block plates installed a week ago.

Wondering the same. Also what kind of sustained egt can they handle? Like for towing. Just came out of a 7.3 and the old saying was 1200 but it seems these trucks can definitely more.

Jomax

Reaction score
I wouldn't do more the 1250 sustained. Small hills (under a minute) 1350 doesn't hurt. When I'm merging on the freeway towing, I don't care what the egts are. A 30 sec burst won't hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
I wouldn't do more the 1250 sustained. Small hills (under a minute) 1350 doesn't hurt. When I'm merging on the freeway towing, I don't care what the egts are. A 30 sec burst won't hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems sensible to me. Thanks for the responses! I've seen some dmax guys run theirs to 2000 for short periods, but one cracked his piston, too

Last edited:

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. The tuning is smart. The truck is smart. Heck I ran a hot 'adjusted' ppump 12 valve wide open for a length of time and pegged a 2400 deg gauge for quite some time.

cappa

Reaction score
I was wondering, does anyone have a dedicated pyro on their spar tan warhammer tunes? Or a stable, consistent setup?. I have my ndash setup to read off my egr port, but I don't know how accurate it is. The only reason I question is because it doesn't go lower than 568°, but above that it seems close. I've seen around 1450 on a short full throttle run, that seemed a little high for the 500 tune. Just curious what you guys are seeing.

I searched for information on this but couldn't find it. If there is a thread I missed with this specific info, post a link. Tapatalk doesn't like to search.

Not sure if you have got the update for the ndash or not. If the boost isn't reading than that egt is not accurate. Sounds like the New update is finished or very close. Call them or email and ask about it. Not sure if you need a new file or just use the updater thou.

redneck1

Reaction score
Not sure if you have got the update for the ndash or not. If the boost isn't reading than that egt is not accurate. Sounds like the New update is finished or very close. Call them or email and ask about it. Not sure if you need a new file or just use the updater thou.

Yeah, I updated yesterday and got a good numbers on my boost reading. But they told me they were still working on the egt and tft, which doesn't work for some 16 trucks, but it does on mine. Tft is accurate. Egt appears to be also, only works above 568, then it's normal.

Anyone looking into updating though, you gotta use the file they send. The updater will only give you the current version that's already on the ndash. At least that's what my email said.

Last edited:

cappa

Reaction score
What is tft? Nevermind, I figured it out. Was having a moment there. Transmission temp I take it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online