6.7 ford 6637 mod

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I come from a 7.3 background and am newer to the 6.7's. anyways, it's getting time for me to replace my air filter and was thinking going the 6637 route as everybody who mods their 7.3 goes that way. Was wondering if anybody has done it and has any notes or points worth sharing. Besides the 6637 and a piece of 3inch od exhaust pipe what else whould I get, do I need any clams or anything?

pog

Reaction score
get in touch with mike@nolimit. he might just workout a deal with you :naughty:

redneck1

Reaction score
Get a hold of Lincoln locker on here, I think he did one that way. But if I remember right, he used a 2790.

KCCO

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
leave it stock then.

This^

If you are on a limited budget, I wouldn't spend a penny on the intake. It is good to go for plenty more HP than stock and replacing it won't get you a big MPG change. On the 6.7s, the aftermarket intakes don't really gain mileage just HP and torque.

s8v4o

Reaction score
If he puts the MAF in any tube other than factory diameter he will need a tune as well.

Reaction score
The reason I want to go 6637 over stock is it just seems like a cleaner running intake that'll last longer and be cheaper to replace. The MAF I could probably attach to the piece of four inch exhaust piping. As for pics of the 37's, I have some on my phone, I'll upload them later today when I get a chance to transfer them to my pc.

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the truck on 37's for those who are asking. At full lock the tires rub on the traction bars bit and at half lock they rub the mudflaps a bit, I've gotten used to it and adjusted my driving style. The reason I got the truck is because extended cabs have no resale value and I picked up for ten k less than what a similiar crew would've gone for, I have a powerstroke background and mechanical background, diesel is cheaper, and I will drive it until the wheels fall off. The truck is payed for, I work two jobs over the summer and am still farming with my parents. I had a lamb business too at the time so a truck proved quite useful for that also.

Attachments

• IMG_20160618_213654.jpg
    IMG_20160618_213654.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 190

JRLott

Reaction score
Keep the factory intake, and spend that time in class...at least until ewe kin larn tu speull paid. :poke::poke:LOL

Latest posts

Members online