6.7 Fuel leak

JMart

Reaction score
Figured this deserved its own thread. Pretty pissed about it.

Truck has 349 miles on it just picked up Saturday on Halloween. :badidea:
2016 F250 6.7 Lariat.

I was driving to class this morning and noticed my fuel gauge had dropped a lot. Thought that was a little odd since my 6.0 would go 350 miles on a tank and it was a short bed. I pulled into the school parking lot and parked and started smelling diesel. When I opened the door I saw this.
unnamed13_zpsyxwiirxh.jpg

So I called roadside assistance to come pick this piece up. They dispatched the hazmat team. They told me a tow truck won't pick it up if it is leaking. and I had to get it verified that it wasn't leaking by the fire department before I could get it towed. I tried to explain to them it only leaks when the key is on and there is pressure in the system. But I got this any way.

unnamed12_zps1txxlner.jpg

So I am embarrassed as hell. Standing in the parking lot while the fire department and police surround my brand new truck. I guess at least they didn't lock down the school. There was a nice long stream that lead all the way across the parking lot. This would explain why I saw a couple of cars behind me turn on their windshield wipers when it wasn't raining yet. Nobody was kind enough to let me know I was leaking something.

JMart

Reaction score
Holy smokes man, I'm surprised it maintained rail pressure! I hope you get that fixed and back on the road soon...

I didn't even think about that. It ran fine. I didn't notice and change in drivability.

Anyone know if an Edge CS can monitor that stuff?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Jason same sh1t happened to me twice. Fuel rail sensor and entire rail had to be replaced on mine. I was cursing it up and down. Keep us updated as to what the issue is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
torque app can. that is what i use..

live life full throttle

Ill have to check into that.

Hopefully I find something out today. The service writer said he would call me before he left yesterday and let me know what was going on with it. But he didn't.

I stopped by Bill Utter Ford on my way home to get my pistol out of the truck and noticed they had driven it around to the back of the service area. It was pretty obvious by the massive trial it leaves behind. I was pretty pissed. Its wasted enough fuel as it is.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score

Hopefully I find something out today. The service writer said he would call me before he left yesterday and let me know what was going on with it. But he didn't.

I stopped by Bill Utter Ford on my way home to get my pistol out of the truck and noticed they had driven it around to the back of the service area. It was pretty obvious by the massive trial it leaves behind. I was pretty pissed. Its wasted enough fuel as it is.

just make sure you make them fill it back up since the first tank they gave you is now in multiple places from the truck spewing it everywhere before it even finished its first tank of fuel

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

hopefully it held rail pressure enough so you dont get a bill needing injectors.. i would have taken pictures proving they drove it.

live life full throttle

JMart

Reaction score
just make sure you make them fill it back up since the first tank they gave you is now in multiple places from the truck spewing it everywhere before it even finished its first tank of fuel

I probably could have if it would have gone back to the same dealer I bought it from. Holiday Ford was really nice about it. They even called me to make sure everything was ok. Bill Utter sucks.

hopefully it held rail pressure enough so you dont get a bill needing injectors.. i would have taken pictures proving they drove it.

live life full throttle

I should have. Especially when I went to pick it up yesterday, I should have taken a picture then too. The back of the bed was black behind the driver tire. As you can see from my picks when they picked up the truck it still looked clean. I don't know what they did to it but they could have at least washed it off.

The problem shouldn't affected rial pressure I would think. It was the return line going into the fuel cooler. It separated from the housing. They just pushed it back in hoping it wasn't seated properly during the build. I hope that is the problem and it doesn't come out again.

mandkole

Reaction score
yeah, sounds like an assembly error in the plant and the unclipped coupling came off the tube. I suppose the female side could have a damaged oring but it would have leaked earlier than that if it did.

the dealer svc dept wasn't too concerned about hazmat...:doh:

JMart

Reaction score
And.....?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

and what?

I probably could have if it would have gone back to the same dealer I bought it from. Holiday Ford was really nice about it. They even called me to make sure everything was ok. Bill Utter sucks.

I should have. Especially when I went to pick it up yesterday, I should have taken a picture then too. The back of the bed was black behind the driver tire. As you can see from my picks when they picked up the truck it still looked clean. I don't know what they did to it but they could have at least washed it off.

The problem shouldn't affected rial pressure I would think. It was the return line going into the fuel cooler. It separated from the housing. They just pushed it back in hoping it wasn't seated properly during the build. I hope that is the problem and it doesn't come out again.

Latest posts

Members online