6.7 fuel pump install diy

Merc82

Reaction score
Plumbing a CAT 1R-7049 fuel filter in front of mine. I will hook up the WIF sensor eventually.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Okay, I have had mine on for like 6 months. No return.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

So there's no pump for the return I'm assuming? Since it would just burn up without the lubrication of the fuel. Just uses the pressure to go through and back to the tank?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing this on my truck.

Anyone got a picture or part number for the fuel pump bracket and fuel pump install kit?

Merc82

Reaction score
I have all the crap sitting on my floor in my closet. I think I may have the part #s for the pump, pigtail and bracket. I have a Mercury marine Acc relay harness kit for the wiring, it is a slick kit and I get a good discount... lol.

swinky

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing this on my truck.

Anyone got a picture or part number for the fuel pump bracket and fuel pump install kit?
Fuel pump goes in between the transfer case and fuel tank on the inside frame rail. Will not fit in stock location

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Haven't checked yet but my current tune is pulling a lot of fuel so it won't really be fair. But fwiw my egts went up 300° soo I guess it's fueling harder

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1445658299704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1445658299704.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 150

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Anyone have any problems using the ford pigtail for the pump? I see swinky just rewired it but for simplicity sake I'd like to just use the pigtail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Now feed was tricky. I'm running the factory bowl so I just removed the whole factory feed line and put 1/2 fuel hose over the male threaded fitting on the bowl ( I will be changing this with a y block and a frame mounted filter to get rid of the bowl completely) Now for the return. My regulated return maintained the factory return line so I just cut the fittings off that use to go on the 6.0 pump and hooked them together with 3/8 fuel hose. The return is going straight to the tank and bypassing the 6.7 pump completely.

So if I'm understanding this part correctly all you used was about 8" of hose, just filling I the gap where the 6.0 pump would have been, right?

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Is there anything to gain by running the return like back to the pump instead of bypassing it? There must be some reason the factory uses it no?

Merc82

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything to gain from using the pass thru for the return on the pump.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Now I'm just trying to figure if I wanna run a new return line or just do what swinky did

swinky

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Now I'm just trying to figure if I wanna run a new return line or just do what swinky did

The only issue with mine is back pressure. 25psi is the lowest my fuel pressure will go with the truck not running.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm going to be re doing my whole fuel system. Filter bases, feed the back of the heads, new return line, might even add another 6.7 pump depending on how it holds with a full fuel tune.

Latest posts

Members online