6.7 fuel pump wine with video

neverkickn

Reaction score
The link isn't working for me in tap talk. It will work if you copy and paste it though.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Havent driven it for a couple of days. I changed fuel filters yesterday and they where really dirty for 7500 miles. Gues i need to revaluate my fuel source. It is still making noise. I am going to try refitting the bowl on the DFCM today and see if its just sucking air. If that doesn't fix it, it's going to the dealer.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
Had this happen a few times with fleet trucks and after we change filters the wine goes away after a few miles.

Have you driven it after you changed to filters?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Had this happen a few times with fleet trucks and after we change filters the wine goes away after a few miles.

Have you driven it after you changed to filters?

Not yet. I'm skeeredLOL

Did you notice a clicking or growling noise from the DFCM also?

neverkickn

Reaction score
The truck is at the dealer now. I cracked open the secondary filter and found what appears to be a piece of a needle bearing. It looked to be about .010 thick and about 1/8" long, although it also looked like it had been sheared off on one end.

I wonder if the lpfp is crapping out. Never drained any water or cloudy fuel from the bowl so I don't know what would have caused it.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Well, the dealer couldn't duplicate the problem and ford ain't changing parts that aren't currently malfunctioning. I guess that means I get to drive it till it craps out, or runs a million miles, whichever comes first.

Anyone know what pressure the lpfp runs and how the pressure sensors on that circuit work?

Latest posts

Members online