6.7 MCC Tuning

Idiesel

Reaction score
I haven't found to much on this in the search bar. So i was hoping to start this thread to get/give some insight from/to everyone that has tuned and hoping to tune. I'm new to the whole MCC thing and just opened the files today and have questions about the tables and what everything means.

For my first question on the desired turbo boost. What does EOM ?/ Temp ? represent? I'm wanting lower the boost down so it doesn't spool much more than 26 psi. This is just my starting point till I can get more familiar with everything.

If anyone else has any questions dont be afraid to hijack the thread, i want this thread to be a helpful tool for everyone. :ford:

Rowdy

Reaction score
Thinking I am gonna order the unlock code for mine and start tweaking too. Can't be that hard. I figured out and custome tuned my LBZ Duramax when I had it. Just always have the fear of a windowed block in the back of my mind with these new 6.7. :-(

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Thinking I am gonna order the unlock code for mine and start tweaking too. Can't be that hard. I figured out and custome tuned my LBZ Duramax when I had it. Just always have the fear of a windowed block in the back of my mind with these new 6.7. :-(

Don't be scared

Rowdy

Reaction score
Don't be scared

Ohhhh... not that scared bud! I just gotta save all my change up! I Have already priced a fully custom built long block from SPE with Carrillo rods, stage 2 heads, valve springs, push rods, etc. Of course if I made as much as you and Matt I would have already ordered it!:naughty:

Idiesel

Reaction score
I'm probably excited about tranny tuning just as much as the engine tuning. I'm gonna start tweaking the boost maps all about the same. Just lower the max limit down a few numbers and raise the 1-2 shift point a little higher.

Sent from my iPhone

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Not to de-rail but for shifting have you guys put the newest H&S update on your tuners? .28 or .29 the shifting is WAY better than before.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Alright guys got brave enough today to tweak it. Got the boost lowered like I wanted. First try got it to peak at around 28-30 went back in and couldn't get it above 28 perfect!
Tranny tuning went differently went in to raise the 1-2 up shift. Worked ideally got braver and went in a raised the up shift points a tad and raised the downshift points a tad as well. Didnt like it so much 1-3 were good but couldn't get to shift to 4th until you were going about 50mph. So need to lower that a bit. Then as I was turning around I put it in reverse and didnt go anywhere put in nuetral and tried again and worked. Idk why it did that and wouldn't think changing shift points would cause this. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My truck will sometimes do that no reverse things for a few seconds even stock. Mostly cold and if I don't let it warm up

Idiesel

Reaction score
Well it was probably roughly 160-180 degrees. Never had that happen. Guess when you mess with something then it starts acting up it makes you paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone

Idiesel

Reaction score
Sure hope so. Don't really like the thought of something going out now but
I do like being able to put it to the floor and not worrying about over boosting.

Sent from my iPhone

powerstroker67

Reaction score
These 6r140 trannys have had electronic or solenoid issues that cause all kinds of shifting issues including delays into reverse and missed up shifts

Idiesel

Reaction score
I guess I've never noticed anything and after messing with MCC it had to happen just to scare me

Sent from my iPhone

Idiesel

Reaction score
Well it did the no reverse again today one time tranny temp 170-190F waited a couple seconds and shifted. Idk what's causing it all I've changed are shift points. H&S said it was park/neutral when dash showed reverse y'all think it could be the shift selector?

Sent from my iPhone

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
Well it did the no reverse again today one time tranny temp 170-190F waited a couple seconds and shifted. Idk what's causing it all I've changed are shift points. H&S said it was park/neutral when dash showed reverse y'all think it could be the shift selector?

Speaking of this no reverse thing. I can drive my truck all day and not have an issue, yet when I go to back it back into the garage, it will hesitate awhile for reverse and sometimes if I start backing up then stop, and try to back up more it acts like it dont wanna move and when it finally does its like it jumped into gear finally. Weird. I just thought my truck didn't wanna be put to bed before its bedtime.

6.7Stroker

Reaction score
Alright guys got brave enough today to tweak it. Got the boost lowered like I wanted. First try got it to peak at around 28-30 went back in and couldn't get it above 28 perfect!
Tranny tuning went differently went in to raise the 1-2 up shift. Worked ideally got braver and went in a raised the up shift points a tad and raised the downshift points a tad as well. Didnt like it so much 1-3 were good but couldn't get to shift to 4th until you were going about 50mph. So need to lower that a bit. Then as I was turning around I put it in reverse and didnt go anywhere put in nuetral and tried again and worked. Idk why it did that and wouldn't think changing shift points would cause this. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone

That's awesome. I want to cut my boost levels down too... What exactly did you change in order to ramp the boost peak level down?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online