6.7 project, the good and the bad.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Yea I think I'm going to. His looks a lot nicer. Looks like he just went below the piping?

Reaction score
Jared Boyd that runs the detail shop down behind Club Cabaret right before Crevetucky, I mean Creve Couer. Called Custom Detailing. Hes good friends with a few of the guys here, does really great, meticulous affordable work

Awesome, thanks Jared! Ill definitely get ahold of them! Its crazy that there is an excellent detail shop located so close to club chub and Crevetucky. Would never have thought to look there of all places LOL

jcain

Reaction score
But I guess this post is supposed to be the good and the bad. So here's some good. I'm happy with how the truck runs and drives. Everything feels very smooth and how it's supposed to. Deffinitely like the high tech 371FMW. Spools like my 66 but seems to hit a little harder. Truck doesn't really smoke much at all. I'm kinda surprised, figured it would lag a little more. Not sure what max boost is because I believe the mini max only goes up to 43 so I'll have to get a guage. I'm going to try and get dual fuelers before next summer if my funds allow it so we'll see. Here's a short video. I'll see if I can do another one from a stop to show spool up.

http://youtu.be/epBMmpCuLZ4

Video is private

jcain

Reaction score
No one else finds it discerning how ****ty the OP's final install looks vs bigrpower 's? Is it in fact because op is an ordinary customer vs bigrpower being a distributor, fellow vendor or a close friend? I'd even guess that the OP paid more for his kit/install than bigrpower did. But I guess since mpd has "never" done a shoddy job that it's impossible that it could've happened on this one.. (pure sarcasm) .

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
No one else finds it discerning how ****ty the OP's final install looks vs bigrpower 's? Is it in fact because op is an ordinary customer vs bigrpower being a distributor, fellow vendor or a close friend? I'd even guess that the OP paid more for his kit/install than bigrpower did. But I guess since mpd has "never" done a shoddy job that it's impossible that it could've happened on this one.. (pure sarcasm) .
We are in md bigpwr is in California we did not work on his truck as far as routing hoses and wires if the customer doesn't like it move it were you want it we can't read minds of where customer would like there lines and can't help that the customer did not want to purchase our intake for what ever reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Spatel23

Reaction score

Thats a pretty fkin stupid accusation.

On edit.........Craig has explained why.

jcain

Reaction score
We are in md bigpwr is in California we did not work on his truck as far as routing hoses and wires if the customer doesn't like it move it were you want it we can't read minds of where customer would like there lines and can't help that the customer did not want to purchase our intake for what ever reason

The install differences are explained then.
But do you concede that your shops install of your very own kit looks sub-par with zip ties wrapped around powder coated piping? Was it really that difficult to plumb things with more thought?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Jared! Ill definitely get ahold of them! Its crazy that there is an excellent detail shop located so close to club chub and Crevetucky. Would never have thought to look there of all places LOL

Dude, I NEVER would have conceded that club chub had such good breakfast till 12am Tuesday morning after a night of drinking after the Alice In Chains concert..

The women.. eh, but you can get a killer breakfast and a massage from a pregnant chick, crevetucky!

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The install differences are explained then.
But do you concede that your shops install of your very own kit looks sub-par with zip ties wrapped around powder coated piping? Was it really that difficult to plumb things with more thought?
What we do looks fine if he wanted to pay us hide the lines and hoses than that would be a different story but when customers complain about there bill no we are not gonna take our time and money to run new lines

dseitler

Reaction score
Is it just me or am I the only one who notices the truck engine pictures with the lack of pressure washing or cleaning. Not just this one but others also. I can tell by the rust around the ECM that a lot of the truck have never been cleaned. Being a Service Manager myself Its hard to produce picture perfect work from trucks that have not been taken care of from the first day of ownership.
As for the comment about the difference between the 2 installs I'm sure Mike did his own install the same as I did and they cannot be compared to each other IMO. That was a cheap shot.

jcain

Reaction score
So you're saying a shop couldn't produce a finished install like Mike did? I gave mpd the benefit of the doubt that they did mikes quality install too, to which I'm sure they have plenty of installs that are magazine worthy. Shame on me..

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I try and clean my truck as much as I can but living on a dirt road in northeast Pennsylvania there is only so much I can do. But I agree it never looks how it should under the hood. As for the lines that's just one more thing I'll have to do to make this kit look how it should.

dseitler

Reaction score
So you're saying a shop couldn't produce a finished install like Mike did? I gave mpd the benefit of the doubt that they did mikes quality install too, to which I'm sure they have plenty of installs that are magazine worthy. Shame on me..

They sure can but not on a budget plan. We spent hours on the install moving pipes and re-routing coolant lines and polishing bare aluminum parts. But I also think a regular consumer would not understand that high labor cost of doing this type of work.

Reaction score
Dude, I NEVER would have conceded that club chub had such good breakfast till 12am Tuesday morning after a night of drinking after the Alice In Chains concert..

The women.. eh, but you can get a killer breakfast and a massage from a pregnant chick, crevetucky!

I know what you mean, definitely catches ya off guard getting their breakfasts there!! They used to do 30 cent breakfasts that got you like 1 egg, toast, hashbrowns and a piece of bacon. Where they still doing that? Hell of a deal! You could spend a dollar and eat like a king haha

stacked6.7

Reaction score
So I just noticed this today... Where the hell does this go??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    975.7 KB · Views: 185

Latest posts

Members online