6.7 service intervals

Jomax

Reaction score
Yep, that's me...bugged the crap outta me to let it go to 10k. Linc is right, oil samples, Jim ribbing me, and United Package Smashers inability to deliver the sample kits resulted in the 12k OCI. I said fvck it and this one is going to 13k so I can get to an OCI divisible by 5k to satisfy my OCD. I'm beginning to think Jim might know a little about oil in general and LE specifically. LOL

Lol my last OCI was 12k to get back on track so my OCI was divisible by 5k. Next change is at 100k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
People that are switching to LE, did you guys notice a difference when it comes to the infamous type writer noise?

Mine hasn't ever ticked. I changed the original oil at 2,500 with T6, changed again at 5,000, then swapped to LE8854 at 10,000. I'm at 35k now. Some have the tick with brand X, but not brand Y while others are exactly the opposite. From what I've read, I think it's just the luck of the draw on whether yours is going to tick with whatever oil. As 04cr said, it's just the nature of the beast. Dad had 45k on his '16 two months ago and is the only truck I've heard tick. He'd just had his oil changed at the dealership. His was very faint.

Black AOD

Reaction score
oh.. yeah, i heard that before.. i wonder why it would make a difference.. its a worm gear setup...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Eaton recommends on their truetracs that fluids should NOT have a friction additive in the diff. 704 has an additive where I believe 1605 does not.

Jim has stated he knows tons of guys who run the 704 with similar setups and have never had an issue and the additive is much less than other oils have in them....I tend to listen to what Jim's advice is, he knows WAY more than I do about lubrication and all that

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Eaton recommends on their truetracs that fluids should NOT have a friction additive in the diff. 704 has an additive where I believe 1605 does not.

Jim has stated he knows tons of guys who run the 704 with similar setups and have never had an issue and the additive is much less than other oils have in them....I tend to listen to what Jim's advice is, he knows WAY more than I do about lubrication and all that
i understand completely, other then why it would matter in a worm gear setup. its not like there is any fiction packs in them that need to slip...

Black AOD

Reaction score
i understand completely, other then why it would matter in a worm gear setup. its not like there is any fiction packs in them that need to slip...

I don't claim to understand either dude :shrug:

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I just ordered a pail from Jim as I will be due soon. Next up is the transmission.

Jomax

Reaction score
Just ordered 3 pails. Engine oil, trans, and diff oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEVRNF

Reaction score
T case and axles were done 7k ago. Schaffers in the T case and 75-140 Mobil 1 Industrial Gear oil in the axles.

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
Do you guys prefer a 10w30 or 5w40 ? Im up here in Canada, and just bought a 6.7L. Weather drastically changes throughout the year. Truck has only seen 10w30 oem oil.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
It was free per say, Leftovers from my Excursion and my 2 Jeeps. I paid for it somewhere along the line.

Latest posts

Members online