6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
You just road tripping? Where you going to and how's the truck?

Yep! Nice finally being able to use the truck! Haha

No issues on this trip yet! Knock on wood, So I'm sure something will happen before we get home haha

And we just left San Fran headed to la, going wherever the wind blows us haha

20 000km on this engine so far... It's being a trooper

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep! Nice finally being able to use the truck! Haha

No issues on this trip yet! Knock on wood, So I'm sure something will happen before we get home haha

And we just left San Fran headed to la, going wherever the wind blows us haha

20 000km on this engine so far... It's being a trooper

turn back now !!

Dan

Reaction score
no , i mean turn back stay outta my hood ! im just north of la , about 15 miles inland of malibu .

So I am quite intruding! Hahaha

Well I was going to suggest maybe you could take me for a rip in a real truck but... Yeah... The 6.7 struggle hahaha

Man I'll be driving right by you if we are planning on being in Santa Monica for the night

Dan

Reaction score
Haven't torn it down yet, I will on this days off... Same as before, 5k+ rpm and no oil pressure! Nice. Crossing my fingers there's not much damage this time like before... But I doubt I'll get lucky twice!

Stock balancer going on this time with another stock gear

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Haven't torn it down yet, I will on this days off... Same as before, 5k+ rpm and no oil pressure! Nice. Crossing my fingers there's not much damage this time like before... But I doubt I'll get lucky twice!

Stock balancer going on this time with another stock gear

Keep us updated.

sootie

Reaction score
It looks like Elite has released their tool steel oil pumps. May also want to talk to Craig @ MPD and see what they have done to combat this issue...

You still running an ATI or Fluidampr?

Dan

Reaction score
It looks like Elite has released their tool steel oil pumps. May also want to talk to Craig @ MPD and see what they have done to combat this issue...

You still running an ATI or Fluidampr?

Elite? Yeah fuuuuck that.

Fluidamper is on there now but coming off.

Craig is going to a belt driven pump setup by the sounds of it...

Supposed to be getting a billet pump from Jared RCD (likely one from tadd), but haven't heard anything since I talked to him back in May...

Stocker for now.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Elite? Yeah fuuuuck that.

Fluidamper is on there now but coming off.

Craig is going to a belt driven pump setup by the sounds of it...

Supposed to be getting a billet pump from Jared RCD (likely one from tadd), but haven't heard anything since I talked to him back in May...

Stocker for now.

The gears Jared are selling you are elites gears. I already got mine. Sorry you gotta buy elite stuff , but wait that's not my problem hahahaha ....

Dan

Reaction score
yeah I figured that's what the deal was there... But yeah like I say, I'm doing a stock pump and stock dampener... And if that doesn't hold up longer than 12000km or whatever these two pumps have lasted then I'll explore my options further.

Dallas, word on the street is that potentially the fluidamper could be taking out the oil pump due to its ineffectiveness of dampening... Especially at high rpm. Craig and I have one thing in common, that damper, other high hp trucks like Tyler's and Morgan's haven't had pump issues & stock dampners... So I'll give that a shot before I go spending 16 thousand dollars on an over priced billet piece so we'll see where that goes #innovating #pushingthelimits #jk #justtryingtokeepitontheroad #righton

And as for the oil money comment... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's 2015... Oils at 42 bucks... There's no such thing as oil money... Maybe I'll have to get a "dirty money" sticker now! Hahahaha

Also, this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz6ykYoWaIk

Dan

Reaction score
yeah I figured that's what the deal was there... But yeah like I say, I'm doing a stock pump and stock dampener... And if that doesn't hold up longer than 12000km or whatever these two pumps have lasted then I'll explore my options further.

Dallas, word on the street is that potentially the fluidamper could be taking out the oil pump due to its ineffectiveness of dampening... Especially at high rpm. Craig and I have one thing in common, that damper, other high hp trucks like Tyler's and Morgan's haven't had pump issues & stock dampners... So I'll give that a shot before I go spending 16 thousand dollars on an over priced billet piece so we'll see where that goes #innovating #pushingthelimits #jk #justtryingtokeepitontheroad #righton

And as for the oil money comment... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's 2015... Oils at 42 bucks... There's no such thing as oil money... Maybe I'll have to get a "dirty money" sticker now! Hahahaha

Also, this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz6ykYoWaIk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.