6.7L Turbo piping kit

Notneb

Reaction score
Yes, it requires a CCV bypass kit and EGR removal though, so keep that in mind. H&S pipe works with the stock setup or trucks that still have the EGR/CCV installed.

Notneb

Reaction score
Yes there is a polished option. It's not an HP/TQ increase part, that's not the point. It's for reliability and better cooling, flow, and throttle response. You get rid of the plastic intake piece, plastic cold side intercooler pipe, and crappy CCV system. So no more worrying about plastic parts grenading, and no more oil in your intake system.

Notneb

Reaction score
Elite doesn't give you a hot side intercooler pipe replacement. That was the main reason I went with Midwest's setup, you get more for your money. Plus their customer support won me over, they answered all my questions and helped me out a lot!

kampy

Reaction score
Elite doesn't give you a hot side intercooler pipe replacement. That was the main reason I went with Midwest's setup, you get more for your money. Plus their customer support won me over, they answered all my questions and helped me out a lot!

I'll agree, Morgan is very helpful, but what advantage is replacing one steel pipe with another, and as for the CCV kits, whats the big advantage to no oil residue in the intake tract other than its cleaner to work on when you open the system and maybe some long term boot deterioration.

That's not directed at you, just a couple general questions.

Notneb

Reaction score
The bend in the hot pipe is shallower, and larger diameter than the stocker, so better flow and allows a little better cooling. And oil going on your turbo vanes isn't good for longevity. When I pulled my intake off, there was about half a teaspoon of oil sitting in the turbo. These trucks have a TON of blow by, so it's a lot of oil going through the turbo.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I'll agree, Morgan is very helpful, but what advantage is replacing one steel pipe with another, and as for the CCV kits, whats the big advantage to no oil residue in the intake tract other than its cleaner to work on when you open the system and maybe some long term boot deterioration.

That's not directed at you, just a couple general questions.

That chit gets into everything and effects air flow and gums up in every nook and cranny right into the intake valves.... Best thing you can do is get rid of it before it even leaves the lot in my opinion. Upgrading your piping creates a more effective way for air to flow and opens up the ID of the piping in certain areas for increased flow and less resistance. More Powa and efficiency...

Reaction score
What are the specific differs from Midwest vs elite? Other than iat sensor as posted earlier?

Our kit is 100% stainless steel. All stainless fasteners and clamps. 5 layer boots. comes with ALL the piping. Hot side, cold side, intake adapter etc.

To clear up. The cooler outlet temp sensor is only good for one thing.. Throwing a cooler in efficiency code and limiting power when you run it hard. It makes zero difference other than that. your truck will loose zero functions by not having it in the pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Quote "To clear up. The cooler outlet temp sensor is only good for one thing.. Throwing a cooler in efficiency code and limiting power when you run it hard. It makes zero difference other than that. your truck will loose zero functions by not having it in the pipe"

We have seen this effect different elements in the tuning....... That is why we went through the great expense to place the factory sensor bung in both our intercooler upgrade kits as well as our turbo kits. Everyone has their own opinions I guess.

Reaction score
We have seen this effect different elements in the tuning....... That is why we went through the great expense to place the factory sensor bung in both our intercooler upgrade kits as well as our turbo kits. Everyone has their own opinions I guess.

I guess it depends on how/who's tuning it. I have yet to have seen any negative affects. But that doesn't mean there isn't any. Just curious, what have you seen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
It looks like you have changed the design from a Y with two boots to a welded Y using a single boot. Is the welded Y single boot the current version?

Azraie218

Reaction score
i have morgans pipe set up, top notch fabrication and very simpleton install, no headaches goes together very nice, if i did it all over again i would still go with morgans

borsky

Reaction score
I like my piping from Morgan, changed the sound of the truck, all around felt better response and my mph jumped around 2-3mph in the quarter mile. I also like to point out the bungs, it helped me put my nitrous system in easier and more efficient. Over all I think it's a great upgrade, it definitely cleaned up the engine bay way more then I thought, and it looks nice with my no limits stuff so I give it a thumbs up

2-3 mph in the quarter is a substantial increase in power. according to this:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/Phil/bg/

2 mph in a 9000lb truck is 35ish hp to the wheels and 3mph is 50ish

Latest posts

Members online