6 Liter Turbo Talk

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
7.3s have one so why not.

First topic off discussion. What turbos do you find to be well paired (twins) for 225s?
let er eat....

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
First of all have you checked to see what your icp is with those 225's. If your icp is low you'll have poor turbo response and top end performance. I think that's a lot of problems guys are running into. Bigger isn't alwasy better

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No sir, im in the planning stage. Icp corresponds with oil pressure? I was under the impression 225s wouldn't f with oil pressure that bad.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Icp has to maintain pretty high. I'm sure a tuner can work around it with lower pw and messing with timing. And I haven't messed with nitrous yet to see if it helps with icp. A 62/65/.70 would be a good high pressure depending on if you want to tow, or just cruise on the streets. I have a 66 as my hp.

Last edited:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I do know It has to stay high but what point does it start getting affected? 225s to much for stock oil? And to hell with towing anything but a jet ski.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
sorry to derail, what r you doing with the truck,towing,what elevation do you run

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im at sea level. This is my toy. The only thing ill tow is a jetski. How does one fix icp?? Is that an oil issue or what?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
ive got a 66/74/.83 and a S483 96/1.32. You can drive it on the street but you have to keep a eye on it. Smaller high pressure would be a funner set up.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
No way to fix icp unless you go hybrids or lower pw to around 1.5ish to maintain. There are no modded oil pumps except diesel sites adrenaline.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Good thread Garrett. I've been dreaming of comounds and 225s since Ivan had his for sale.

I've wanted to emulate something like what Shawn did on his tow truck. 225s with a S362 over a S480, maybe with a little more breathing room though.

What I am gathering is most of your drivability is still going to come or go with the high pressure turbo, much like selecting a single.

I can't help but think that a 64/71/80 with a BD diverter would make a pretty fun, responsive, (maybe even towable) start.

It's the athmospheric turbo I don't quite have my head around yet as far as wheel sizes and housing sizes that will play nice in relation to the high pressure.

Cutting-Edge, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are not running a divertor on your 66, right? If not, any plans on trying one? Ehhh, maybe I should hit you up about this in your build thread.:doh:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What I wanna know is how the primary pushes its potential air into the intake if the secondary cant push that much?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No, I mean if the secondary flows (making $hit up here) 300cfm maxed out but your primary has potential to flow 600cfm...how does that work out?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.