6 Liter Turbo Talk

09stroker

Reaction score
It's still 600. The high pressure turbo just compounds (Multiplies) the pressure of the low pressure turbo.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Since the batmowheel now comes in a 64mm...

64/68/70 batmowheel as the seconday? hmmmmm...

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Why is everyone so caugt up with this bat mo wheel. Billet wheels have been out for a while. Precision and forced induction have some awesome wheels. Has the bat wheel proven to be better than other billet wheels

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
If you want a fun responsive setup that you will be able to tow with, stay with the 65mm wheel
Gotcha.
Let's say one was trying not to have to gate around the high pressure. Is a diverted 80 the way to go for a good mix of fairly quick spool and decent upper end breathing?

What I wanna know is how the primary pushes its potential air into the intake if the secondary cant push that much?
Think of what the primary puts out as artificial athmospheric pressure for the secondary.

The secondary doesn't care if it's seeing 14.7 psi (normal athmospheric pressure at sea level) or 44.7 psi from the primary charger. It's going to take whatever pressure it gets at it's inlet and add in it's own pressure, making the intake charge even denser.

You don't get any more cfm into the engine with two chargers than you do with one, just a denser air charge.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Oh. So bigger compressor just means more O2 molecules not more actual volume of air?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
You need to understand pressure ratios and how turbos are rated at x amount of cfm for y amount of pressure ratio.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Why is everyone so caugt up with this bat mo wheel. Billet wheels have been out for a while. Precision and forced induction have some awesome wheels. Has the bat wheel proven to be better than other billet wheels

didn't you hear? the bat mo wheel actually cures cancer as well.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score

Not sure how big the benefits are over another billet wheel if there even are any.

Most people moving to batmowheel turbos or dropping them in turbos that you are able to get the new wheels for are only comparing the batmowheel to factory or non-billet wheels.

I'd like to see the difference in billet to batmo-billet as well.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I saw something on a blalock turbo... Sounded from the commercial to either have a variable housing or a built in diverter. Does anyone know anything about them?

Also in the 205/225 range will adjusting pw make it workable long term and offer good performance or is it more a masking the lack of hp oil? With all the people working on pumps it would be nice to see some results. And some products

smokinstroker

Reaction score
^there isnt anything that i know of coming along anytime soon for the 05+ oil system everything in the works is 03-04 already been down that road.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I believe I've seen Shawn and Tyler say on a few occasions that a healthy 05'-07' HPOP and delivery system should be able to keep up just fine with 225s.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Sounds like it doesnt really matter any. If its a problem that can't be fixed might as well just do it.

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
Gotcha.
Let's say one was trying not to have to gate around the high pressure. Is a diverted 80 the way to go for a good mix of fairly quick spool and decent upper end breathing?

Yes and no. I am running a single 64/65/80 with diverter valve as a single on my blue truck for now while i build my new truck and it is a pretty decent setup. Now with compounds and big injectors you would still have to gate it to keep backpressure in check but in my case it is fine because the injectors in my truck are now only like 175cc and for a dd is more than enough.

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
I believe I've seen Shawn and Tyler say on a few occasions that a healthy 05'-07' HPOP and delivery system should be able to keep up just fine with 225s.

205's are really the max a guy should run with a stock pump. 225's will make more smoke and will be laggier and will prob go slower without a bunch of spray to somewhat compensate for lower injection pressure

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
My bad! I thought I remembered it being mentioned somewhere along the line that Shawns tow truck was holding icp.:doh:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
No the tow truck wasn't holding icp, 3000 was themost it would hold, down sized them to 205 and now it holds 4000 and pulls way harder. The only way 225s will make more power than 205 is if you use nitrous. Other wise fuel only you want to maintain 4000 for maximum injection pressure.

As for turbos 64 and a s480 or 483billet or for you bat month wheel fans, bullseye has a 78. If you want a fun street toy, your gonna want togo 71 wheel with a .70ar with diverter valve which is a 12cm housing, a .80 is a 14cm. A lot of dodge guys go with the 13cm stainless housing with oversize internal gates. Theses chargers with 205's will be more than you could imagine (until u get used to it and want more lol) this setup is not for a guy who tows lots of heavy as far as I'm concerned. I do a lot of towing and nothing erks me more than turbo lag and blowing black smoke,high egts. That's why in my tow truck I have a 62

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.