6" Procomp + 2'' Leveling kit??

hoosiers16

Reaction score
In order to fit the wheels/tires I want I've been told that I need a total of 8'' of lift in the front to avoid rubbing. That being said I think the easiest way to go would be to add a 2'' front leveling kit to the 6'' lift I already have.. Anybody that's done this have any .02?

Will the driveshaft need to be lengthened or anything? Don't do that much offroading but then again don't want my stuff flying apart going down the road :doh:

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
What size you trying to run? If I was you to get to the 8" I wouldn't stack a leveling kit on there, I'd just get some 8" springs, and better yet buy a whole 8" lift, simple problems you might run into without buying the whole set is stuff like brake lines, abs lines etc. Just better off to do it right in my experience

CUZICAN

Reaction score
I may be mistaken and it may be a different company, but I thought the only difference between the procomp 6" & 8" is that procomp adds a 2" bottom coil spacer and an extra add-a-leaf to their 6" kit to make it an 8" kit.

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
I may be mistaken and it may be a different company, but I thought the only difference between the procomp 6" & 8" is that procomp adds a 2" bottom coil spacer and an extra add-a-leaf to their 6" kit to make it an 8" kit.

May be, and he might can get away with it but just from in the past I have ran into the small details that may come in the 8" kit with the added 2"s that doesn't come with the 6". I agree though just do a little research on the 2 kits and make your choice

Reaction score

That is exactly what Procomp told me. They even use the same radius arms on both kits. My truck had their Stage 2 radius arm kit on it when I bought it. Well, most of it, the 2" spacers under the coils were missing. The 2 AAL's make for a really stiff ride on the back.

Reaction score
Will the driveshaft need to be lengthened or anything? Don't do that much offroading but then again don't want my stuff flying apart going down the road :doh:

Need to be mindful of the brake line extensions and shock length at extension.
I didn't have to have any drive shaft modifications for the front or rear for 8". I was told if I go higher it will have to be looked at more closely. Also look at drag link and track bar. If the angles vary greatly you can wind up with some bump steer.

Last edited:

NotStock

Reaction score
Id recommend adding alignment cams in the upper ball joints to keep your castor were it needs to be.

Latest posts

Members online