600 hp engine rebuild

02BigD

Reaction score
Run the bitch bone stock and slap some valve Springs and head studs in. That 80 won't spool fast enough to make any torque. It will be a high hp beast and hp don't hurt rods, monstrous torque does.

You're seriously suggesting that an 80mm turbo is gonna be worth a *** with injectors that small? Should be real fun driving around with a turbo that's never lit...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Does a stock turbo with a ported housing count? Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
stock is stock.. porting is not stock..
You're seriously suggesting that an 80mm turbo is gonna be worth a *** with injectors that small? Should be real fun driving around with a turbo that's never lit...
i hope to god he wasn't..
s467 and 200% on forged rods is a recipe for windowed 7.3
oh so tuning doesn't play a role in that aspect at all?
see above
Why are people from your part of the country so mad?
so this is what you reply with when i asked you serious questions?

live life full throttle

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I still think that turbo spools sooner in the rpm range. Be awfully hard to not have that. But I'm not a tuner. So easily rebuked.

bens

Reaction score
Guys I'm just looking for suggestions here and good advice. My build is still moldable to an extent, but billet rods aren't in the budget.
Thanks,
Ben

02BigD

Reaction score
If you want piece of mind, then stay with 200\xxx or less on stock rods.

If your not concerned about longevity...let it eat with whatever you want.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Everybody here has to give their .02.

But the S467 has windowed a lot of forged rod blocks.

brettboat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Shut the fvck up and go back to psn, phaggot.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f25/max-hp-stock-injectors-159850/

A whole thread on making 340 on stock splits, no turbo upgrades (I think one guy talks about a 38R, but still relatively stock set up)... Given they're running big oil (in most of the examples atleast)... Still goes to support my statement. If you can make 340 on big oil, your standard bolt ons and inefficient stock split shots then there is no reason you can't make 400 RWHP on 160CC/0% over single shot A code injectors with good software, plenty of HPO, good turbo and a good fuel system.

Regardless, you won't read it. I'm wrong, you're right... Because that's how yankees think. lol

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
That read was funny. Man how times have changed. People worrying about 336hp being too much lol.

Read the whole thing and didn't really see proof of dyno numbers. There were a couple, but some dynos just make you feel better. Time slips would be best.

My old dually ran a best of 16.01 in the quarter. With my weight that put me at 336hp RWHP. BUT I had a ported housing and a T500 HPOP.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bens

Reaction score
I may bite the bullet here and drag the build out a little longer in favor of some billet rods. Now if I open that can of worms, what's this about delipped and coated pistons?

brettboat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
ceramic coating just helps with heat. As for delipped pistons, the idea is if you get rid of the sharp angle at the top of the fuel bowl you'll remove a potential stress riser that in theory will start a crack under high fuel/boost scenarios.

I'd also look into valve relief since the 7.3 is know to have issues with the valves hitting the piston under high RPM. Better valve springs (hypermax, compcam 910s are not good enough) should help prevent this but it's never a bad idea... Any good machine shop can do this, I think swamps offers this service aswell? could be wrong on that one.

But again, I have no idea what I'm talking about according to most people on this forum lol

I wouldn't even start the build unless you got $20k. That kind of the point I'm at with my truck. I'm wanting to do a 700-750 RWHP all fuel build and It's going to be atleast $10,000 in parts on the short block alone

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f25/max-hp-stock-injectors-159850/

A whole thread on making 340 on stock splits, no turbo upgrades (I think one guy talks about a 38R, but still relatively stock set up)... Given they're running big oil (in most of the examples atleast)... Still goes to support my statement. If you can make 340 on big oil, your standard bolt ons and inefficient stock split shots then there is no reason you can't make 400 RWHP on 160CC/0% over single shot A code injectors with good software, plenty of HPO, good turbo and a good fuel system.

Regardless, you won't read it. I'm wrong, you're right... Because that's how yankees think. lol

Again shut your fvckin man pleaser. All you know is how to write checks. You didn't build one thing on your truck. I know 400 horse can be done on 160's, its the 500 horse claim you made that I called bullsh1t on. I garuantee you know exactly 0 people who have ever made 500 out of a 160cc injector.. I made 460 with 160/100's, billet stealth and a 38r back in 09 so I know what they'll do. Now go back to writin some more checks for your next build (i mean bought). Can you even find the hood release on that thing? I aint no yankee either, rep the 731 for life.

Last edited:

brettboat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Again shut your fvckin man pleaser. All you know is how to write checks. You didn't build one thing on your truck. I know 400 horse can be done on 160's, its the 500 horse claim you made that I called bullsh1t on. I garuantee you know exactly 0 people who have ever made 500 out of a 160cc injector.. I made 460 with 160/100's, billet stealth and a 38r back in 09 so I know what they'll do. Now go back to writin some more checks for your next build (i mean bought). Can you even find the hood release on that thing? I aint no yankee either, rep the 731 for life.

When I grow up, I hope I can be half as awesome as you dude.

So you made pretty close to 500 running who knows what fuel system, a not so awesome turbo and 6 year old software and you still don't think you can make 500 in the modern age with a good fuel system and a good turbo with some less antiqued software?

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
Di regulated return, fuel pressure at 63, and that was after hours of live tuning. You said you knew plenty, so just post them up.

Latest posts

Members online