600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
If you're still around tomorrow hit me up. I'll be in Eldorado between 8:30 and 9:30am.

I'll try to get a couple videos tomorrow. I dropped my phone and busted the screen today. I'll get a new one.

I went and did some more testing today. The tuning has an idle ICP of 800psi. At 1/8-1/4 throttle in one of the race files it hit 2850psi at 38% duty, 35-40psi boost, and about 2500rpm. The ses light came on for the overboost code so other than that no codes. The only issue I had was while I did that the dash oil psi gauge bobbled and dropped a bita couple times for a second and came back up. It only did that on one run. Not sure what happened there. Maybe some air in the line from losing it all earlier? Kinda scared me. Other than that, it ran fine. It's pretty scary how little throttle it takes to hit 40psi and feel like it used to at full throttle. One of these days I'll get the balls to go half throttle. LOL

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I made a datalog but it's an xml file so I can't read it or upload it. Anybody got an idea on how to convert it or upload it so someone can put it up for me? Maybe I can email it to someone?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i bet that thing feels like a fricken animal waiting to be unleashed!! does it haze much at idle? with that much idle icp i would think it would atomize the fuel somewhat better with that big of inj.

live life full throttle

907DAVE

Reaction score
Its a toss up with big nozzles, silky smooth idle will haze - choppy idle will stay cleaner.

Short Bus

Reaction score
are you running single IPR or dual? I have never had a problem running dual hpop's set up either way. Maybe if the tuning was setup for dual ipr setup and you are running a single IPR could cause spikes when you let out of the throttle too fast?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Its a single IPR. I think the tube from front to back is too long and putting too much pressure on the fitting. Add high icp and its cracking the fitting in its weak spot.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well I just replaced it again. I have one more left. Does anyone have one that isn't from china? These ones are all I could find in Wichita. They're only rated to 4300psi and I think they're cast. I need like a billet one. Lol!

New issue. After I started it again it ran a gallon of coolant out of the seal behind the pump pulley and then stopped. Drove it 10 miles home and it hasn't done it since. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS THING!?!?!?!? Its nothing catastrophic yet..... But all this little **** keeps happening! First I found my GTX was messed up, then the tuning wasn't quite right, then the alternator, oil fitting, oil fitting again, and now the water pump. I hope I get all the bugs worked out soon. This is ridiculous.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
What part of Wichita did you not understand. LOL There isn't a quality hydraulic fitting shop anywhere near here. Austin Industrial is the only place around that even had a fitting that would work. If there's a vendor here that could help me that would be awesome!

Latest posts

Members online